If you are a BI/Data Analyst (Data Analyst) proficient in one of the many BI Tools and are looking for a full-time permanent position that can make a major contribution in the rapidly changing tax resolution industry, please keep reading!
We are a mid-size, fast-growing Tax Resolution company who specializes in helping individuals and businesses through difficult financial times with their tax issues and more. We are located in beautiful Vero Beach, FL and looking for an innovative, bright individual to provide BI solutions and data analytics from which key business insights can be discovered. Your contribution will be critical to supporting decisions of business development, sales, operations, as well as our business leadership team.
After 30+ years in business we are in the process of a large technology jump in our database structures as well as our data solutions including moving towards a new BI Platform. This person will help to take us into the future with cutting-edge technologies.
As a Data Analyst you will participate in all aspects of the company statistical development lifecycle which includes writing SQL Queries, Statistical Analysis, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of our growing Data Science needs. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers as well as Management on interpretation/translation of data and creative statistical analysis and all aspects of functional requirements, and subsequently into implementation of changes based on that analysis.
- Learn and understand all of our business data, where it originates, the processes that lead to the collection of the data as well as the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including outline, develop, test, manage datasets, implement and deliver data solutions.
- Serve as a technical lead data analyst and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- Translate business and IT strategies into BI solutions supporting mission-critical decisions
- Design, construct, and enhance dynamic business intelligence (BI) solutions built on our new BI Platform, including regular and ad hoc reports, dashboards, etc.
- Build/maintain ETL scripts to populate various data stores
- Define and design processes for connecting to and/or delivery of data inputs for ETL scripts
- Work with key business stakeholders to define specifications, including immediate needs plus longer term “wish lists”
- Develop and implement data collection schemes to optimize process efficiency and data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends/patterns in complex data sets
- Monitor BI solution KPIs diagnosing and fixing problems
- Propose process improvements
- Contribute to current and future state solution architectures
- 1+ years of proven working experience as a data analyst collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- 1+ years of experience supporting business intelligence systems in a BI or ETL reporting role.
- Data modeling expertise including relational and dimensional data modeling
- Technical expertise regarding database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, and databases
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets, e.g. Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Able to handle multiple concurrent projects operating at a relatively demanding pace
- Experience with scripting technologies (SQL, Python,R, etc.)
- Experience defining scope and requirements for projects
- Experience with statistical methodologies and working with large data sets.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to promote and advance an organization’s data literacy
- Track record of supporting the decision-making processes of diverse areas of the business
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills
- Works with management, end-users, technical analyst, and application designers to define the data requirements and view structures to answer key business questions and solve business problems for management teams and company.
- Works with our team to aggregate large data sets for use within BI solutions.
- Develops, designs, and optimizes complex SQL queries.
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions and integration of the new data into BI's Data Engine.
- Consultation and mentoring management and users on best practices and skills to drive greater self-sufficiency.
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. MySQL, MSSQL, MONGO).
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design - with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star and snowflake).
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Understanding of Data Science, Data Modeling and analytics
Omni full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Omni a great place to work.
More About Omni
Omni Financial is the leading business transformation consulting firm serving our customers throughout the US. With unparalleled tax resolution skills, management consulting and creative capabilities, our execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions help to put our clients back on their feet and moving forward into the future. Omni's professionals serve clients from a network of US offices.Company Description
Omni Financial is an Industry Leader helping thousands of clients resolve millions in past tax debt.