Warehouse Associate - Victoria, TX
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Schedule: 7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
The Warehouse Associate position is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Assisting in shipping and receiving material, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise
- Matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to other designated areas
- Sorting and placing materials on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Filing requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials
- Distributing items to shipping or other designated areas for route drivers
- Ensuring the warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic
- Assembling customer orders from stock
- Placing orders on pallets or shelves
- Relocating orders to a holding area
- Marking materials with identifying information using assigned methods
- Logging materials received or distributed
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory
- Maintaining the warehouse facilities to ensure cleanliness
- Performing additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Strong communication skills
- Must have good attitude
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Basic mathematics skills
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Time management
The Warehouse Associate position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The employee must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Education and Experience
- One or more years of prior warehouse experience
- Forklift certified preferred but not required
- High School diploma required
No Agencies Need to Respond.Company Description
Wholesale Electric Supply is a global provider of high-quality products and comprehensive services for the industrial and commercial markets. From our beginnings in 1949 to our now global company, we continue to focus on our customers. Our experience proves our consistency for providing superior customer solutions to the world. We continue to grow worldwide as well as right in our hometown, making sure all customers needs are fulfilled.
We are much more than a products supplier; Wholesale Electric Supply provides customized solutions and services designed to ensure that projects are completed on-time and within budget. We are distributors of quality electrical products serving the engineering, construction, petrochemical, commercial, OEM, and utility industries.