The Electrical Estimator will develop and utilize takeoff in pricing materials and labor in order to provide accurate job bids for projects throughout the company. The Electrical Estimator will also follow up on bid projects and provide interaction with clients, as appropriate.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and enter into computer estimating system; review computer prinout for accuracy and completeness.
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary in preparing the bid packages including: sub-contract work, equipment rental, tools and supplies.
- Provide post bid follow up on projects; negotiate scope and pricing with clients, provide value engineering and/or scope modifications for projects.
- Interact with the construction team through the budgeting and kickoff process and as necessary through the project.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
- 2+ years of relevant electrical estimating experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and estimating software (Accubid, ConEst, McCormick)
- Strong knowledge of the NEC and building codes
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service