Associate Audio Visual Services Technician
VIcom - Virginia Integrated Communication – Richmond
Reports to: Integration/Service Manager – Richmond
The Associate Audio Visual Services Technician is responsible for assisting in the A/V integration and/or infrastructure support needs of our customers. The Associate level Technician is typically teamed with a Lead Technician or Field Engineer for guidance and supervision on each project. Job assignments ordinarily relate to a form of Video and Audio Visual technology, to include but not limited to: large displays, projectors and screens, interactive boards, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switchers, mixers, microphones, control systems, videoconferencing units, various wire termination, cabling and wiring systems.
Employee Owned. Customer Focused. VIcom is an industry leader dedicated to providing customers with complete integrated solutions and services through every outlet from - initial planning, consultation, design, integration, and implementation. VIcom is 100% employee owned. Employees are empowered to act and think like owners because, they are owners! All employee owners have a vested stake in the company which means their commitment to our communities, customers, and each other is unparalleled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the installation and/or repair of large displays, projectors and screens, interactive boards, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switchers, mixers, microphones, control systems, and videoconferencing units
- Installing copper, coaxial and fiber cabling and wiring systems on the customer sites
- Installation of cable pathways and support systems and the placing, termination, testing and labeling of cable and wire
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for time and expenses as they occur
- Assist in troubleshooting technical issues with project equipment.
- Interfacing with VIcom’s other divisions to support projects and troubleshooting on voice, video, camera, security and access control systems
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually work to improve customer service perception, and satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of CAT5E, CAT6 and Fiber installs (start to finish) including specialized test equipment and accurate record keeping.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within defined service levels.
- Document and label various systems related to each project.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to take direction from Project Manager / Lead Technician while overseeing specific elements of a given project.
- Have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to properly and safely use and operate lifts, scaffolding, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Ability to work aloft, and in combined spaces when required.
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Maintain current vendor certifications and obtain others as required
- Fundamental Computer & Networking skills
- Physical condition to perform job duties including seeing/hearing; fingering/feeling/handling/reaching; bending/crouching/squatting/kneeling/pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying weights in excess of 70 pounds (heavy work); tolerance for prolonged walking or standing on various surfaces
- Ability for some shift flexibility and travel to complete assignments
- A/V knowledge preferred but not required
Excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K savings and Employee Stock Option Program.
VIcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Company Description
VIcom is an industry leader dedicated to providing customers with complete integrated solutions and services through every outlet from - initial planning, consultation, design, integration, and implementation. Our innovative solutions allow organizations to integrate voice, video, data and security communications to operate more efficiently and effectively with no compromise in quality or reliability.