General Job Description:
The Mechanical Engineer (ME) is responsible for providing effective improvements and solutions to plant manufacturing issues. They have the capacity to work in all stages of products and processes including research and design development, manufacturing, final commissioning and installation.
Work closely with process engineering, plant production team, and technology team to improve plant processes and products.
- Work with outside contractors to plan the design of tools, engines, machines, and all functional plant equipment.
- Provide effective solutions to process and product issues
- Develop and test out new products with technology team
- Develop blueprints, concept reports, technical graphs, and related documents of manufacturing equipment.
- Work with all plant teams to improve efficiency and quality of current production
Minimum Qualifications or Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
At least 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
Demonstrated proficiency in analytical problem solving techniques, good organization skills, and the ability to work on a wide variety of projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
Demonstrated ability to understand mathematics, physics and engineering principles to solve complex problems in production, maintenance, quality and customer related areas.
Demonstrated ability to correlate based on first principles manufacturing parameters with final material characteristics
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
Experience in Paper and Pulp
Lean and six sigma experience
Experience with PLC programming, instrument testing, and calibration
Hanwha Azdel, Inc. manufactures high performance thermoplastic composites designed for both interior and exterior applications across many different industries, major segments served include automotive, heavy truck, recreational vehicles, industrial, and other transportation applications