As a driver/foreman or owner operator for Seaford Transfer, you must have experience in driving a straight or semi-truck to transport and deliver household and commercial goods in loose or packaged form. This position requires time over the road running in an interstate capacity, but many jobs will be preformed in Hampton Roads or Eastern Virginia. Seaford Transfer works as an agent for Wheaton Van Lines and has its own interstate authority to run freight during the household goods off season and can provide services across the continental U.S.
- Responsibility for transporting household goods/commercial equipment and furniture from origin to destination in a safe manner.
- Acting as a liaison with customer service and sales representatives, dispatch and warehouse staff to insure customer satisfaction.
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle for defects before and after trips, submitting truck condition reports.
- Maintaining driver logs and daily vehicle inspection reports according to FMCSA regulations.
- Adhering to all safety, OSHA and DOT regulations in accordance with Seaford Transfer's safety program.
- Complying with drug-free workplace initiatives.
- Maintaining a tool kit for installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture or other items for transport.
- Active CDL Class A, Class B or Regular is required.
- 2+ years of driving experience for a commercial business.
- Prior household goods moving experience required.
- Must pass a background check, drug test and DOT physical.
- Capable of lifting 75lbs on a regular basis with above average stamina and fitness skills.
Established in 1986.
Seaford Transfer is a family owned - local, national, and specialty independent moving, packing and storage van line founded in 1986. The owners still live in Seaford, Virginia and are both active in the business.
In an effort to provide more assistance to the local military presence in Hampton Roads, and other residents Interstate moving needs, Seaford Transfer initiated a relationship as an Agent for Wheaton World Wide of Indianapolis, IN in 2007.
We help families and businesses move people all over the world!