Actively seeking a seasoned Tax Manager to join the team of our fabulous CPA firm client! They are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of their company’s state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state federal and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the tax team.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Manage members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company's US federal income tax return and other tax documents.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with tax team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various internal audits and special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Manage and mentor members of tax team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- Current CPA license required and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline preferred.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Familiarity with Lacerte tax software
Excellent Compensation plan - Great Benefits Med./Dental/Vision, 401k, Holidays/PTO, Life Insurance
If you are looking for ready for the next step in your career I would love to speak with you! Please call Terri @ 925-855-3600 for details and consideration!Company Description
Dynamic Office & Accounting Solutions is a full-service staffing partner dedicated to providing staffing solutions and career opportunities to all levels of clients and candidates, including: staff, supervisors, managers, directors and executives. • Founded in 1997 by Tiffany Stuart • Core competencies in Accounting, Office, Light Industrial, Finance, Administrative Assistants, Banking, Customer Service, Call Center, IT, Engineering, Telecom, Special Events Staffing, Sales Professionals at all levels, and Retail Management. • Staffing offerings include direct hire/full-time, temporary, temporary to hire, technical contract, payroll services, testing services • Corporate headquartered in Danville. Office locations in Danville, Fairfield, Sacramento, Orange County, Visalia. • WBENC, WSOB, SAM certified.