· Provide quality assurance standards, performance and functionality for enterprise-wide IT projects
· Actively contribute to the team effort to maintain the vision and direction of the IT Quality Assurance team
· Provide creative and practical solutions to meet WMATA's goal
· Create test plans, test scripts and plan projects based on the analysis of IT technical specifications
· Review IT functional specifications and create/review test cases
· Document, track and communicate test results, and analyze unresolved problems
· Efficiently and effectively communicate status of assigned tasks to the WMATA developers/engineers, and management
· Contribute to review and inspection meetings by providing input on requirements and design documents
· 126.96.36.199.9. Identify, analyze and document IT hardware/software defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies and deviations from standards and suggest options to conform to standards, individually and in a team environment
· 188.8.131.52.10. Instruct, direct and review IT Quality Assurance of the work of others and/or act as an internal consultant to management on complex application projects, software, work methods or procedures
SOW Labor Category/Experience Level/WBS #
184.108.40.206.2 Senior IT Quality Assurance Analyst
· 8 or more years’ experience performing the duties identified above.
· Extensive knowledge of system integration, testing and change management required to support ROCS applications modifications for Rail Operations Support and Dulles Extension.
· Ability to quickly gain knowledge of business process analysis, benchmarking techniques and ability to apply technology to solve business problems related to ROCS group support for the PIDS System.
· Ability to understand computer software at the “power user” level. Familiarity with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, BPR, data modeling software, and ability to master new programs quickly, especially Microsoft Project.
· Ability to communicate effectively and accurately with non-technical individuals on technical matters.
· Excellent communication, organization and relationship management skills
· Ability to track and organize multiple projects and project team activities.
· Ability to use CA/Clarity or Jazz software to provide management reporting and tracking for all projects resulting from duties identified above.
· Experience communicating and managing requirements and successful delivery of rail support systems for a major extension to an operating mass transit rail system. Required experience includes: managing and coordinating tests and modifications for integrated rail support systems, identifying training requirements and managing training delivery, managing and coordinating inter-organizational, inter-departmental, and inter-disciplinary logistical support across multiple contracts, and supporting startup operations.
· Knowledge of the theories, principles, and standard practices in transportation systems as used in transit agencies and public entities in the area of Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Supervision, integration with passenger information systems and dependent application support systems, Incident Reporting, and Alarm systems applications, and of the software tools involved in development, implementation, customization and maintenance activities associated with these applications.
· Knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques used to evaluate, select, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications and systems software and hardware of all types.
· Experience with real time system interfaces required
· Responsibilities include providing project team guidance, some of which is technical.