Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
At Mill Creek Residential the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working to ensure high density residential and mixed-use projects are completed safely, on time, within budget and in compliance with approved project documents, jurisdictional and applicable code requirements. The position reports to Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager helps manage all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, cost control, general supervision and labor relations under the direction of the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager provides necessary support for the project staff.
- Establish and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project or other MCRT selected scheduling software.
- Review plans and specifications for coordination and value engineering.
- Assist in the review, processing and tracking of all RFI’s, Submittals, Shop Drawings and related consultant reviews and responses and jurisdictional permitting.
- Prepare and maintain project logs recording the processing of such within the Company project management software reporting systems.
- Work with Project Engineers and Superintendents to help resolve any constructability issues.
- Assist and track all permits required by governing jurisdiction.
- Assist in bidding and buy-out of materials, services and scopes of work on assigned projects.
- Assist in field office set-up mobilization efforts for the project
- Ensure all personnel development and training required by MCRT is completed. As directed organize and train field and office staff to properly perform their duties. Adhere to the MCRT “Organization Chart” indicating lines of responsibility and staff relationships, and monitor teamwork.
- Assist in the preparation and review of for Subcontractor Scopes of Work.
- From initial bid through the final payment, ensure that the project costs are properly documented, controlled and forecasted on a monthly basis. This includes the maintenance of buyout logs, change order logs, and cost reports using MCRT project management and accounting software..
- Assist with the compliance to and enforcement of the terms and conditions of the prime contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years related experience including knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, and scheduling and safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture or engineering.
- Six years of applicable and related experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree Skills/Specialized Knowledge
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MS project. Proficiency with Procore, Bluebeam, DocuSign and Textura desired.
- Strong organization, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality
About the Benefits of joining the Mill Creek Team
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD insurance
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!