Job Description & How to Apply Below
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
Provide assistance and protection to persons and property at The Chester County Hospital and Health System. Ensures hospital regulations and procedures are followed and takes appropriate action to ensure the safety of all.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Screen visitors, investigate incidents, and respond to requests for security/safety support.
• Escort and serve as a liaison between hospital and police, funeral directors, coroner agents, and/or other community members. Provide guidance towards anyone who seeks assistance.
• Log and report both routine and unusual activity.
• Patrol both interior and exterior property. Address items which require attention.
• Maintain confidential information.
• Provide excellent customer service to all populations encountered.
• Survey the property to ensure the parking policy is being practiced; issue parking tickets to those not adhering to the policy.
• Survey the property to see if hazardous situations are evident (employee, visitor, and safety).
• Provide identification badges when needed.
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Criminal Justice education preferred.
Valid Driver’s License
Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification within one year of employment.
Handcuffing certification with one year of certification.
Work Environment and Hazards
Healthcare setting. Risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens, communicable diseases, and bodily harm from hostile and/or disoriented patients/visitors.
Work Contact Group
All departments, medical staff, patients, families, and visitors.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Search for further Jobs Here: