DMS Management Solutions located in Westlake provides Accounting, Finance, Payroll, Tax, and Human Resource services and solutions for small business owners. We have a team approach to client service, but each firm has a specific Account Manager responsible for processing and meeting all deadlines.
DMS is growing, and has a need for an Account Manager. The desired candidate will complete all accounting activities for a variety of clients. We generally travel to client sites to perform our work, although some work may be performed in the office or off-site from home on occasion. There is tremendous job satisfaction in helping small business owners generate and interpret their financial data.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of financial statements and discussion/analysis of results with client management.
- Create and enter journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts for clients, using accrual basis accounting methodology.
- Assist client management in preparing budgets and/or forecasts.
- Assist the client with bookkeeping, accounting, financial, payroll and/or human resource needs. This may require the need to learn various client software applications.
- We may coordinate with an in-house bookkeeper or office manager in completion of all accounting responsibilities.
- Work directly with the client's outside CPA firm, and act as a liaison between the business owner and the CPA. Our job may consist of passing along clean financial statements to the CPA for their compilation or review, and to streamline the tax preparation process. On some assignments we function as the only accounting professional, both preparing in-house financial statements and generating business and individual tax returns.
- Prepare client billings and assist with collection activities, as needed.
- Manage transition of accounting function to QuickBooks or another appropriate software application.
- Assist the client with banking related activities, including preparation of bank deposits, wire transfers and ACH activity. Advise and assist in obtaining a business line-of-credit or loan with a financing institution.
- Supervise and oversee DMS or client staff where needed.
- The candidate may also assist in marketing to prospective new clients and excellent communication skills are desired. Exceptional client satisfaction is the standard and must be maintained and enhanced by this key position.
- BS or BBA in Accounting.
- Five or more years experience is required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products is mandatory.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible working environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, organization and supervision skills
- Demonstrated skills in interacting with non-financial and managerial staff.
- Experience with payroll preparation or working with payroll reports is a plus