Answer and direct incoming and transfers calls from people dialing our main Company number in a prompt and extremely professional manger.
- Answer and direct incoming calls in a high volume of call switchboard environment
- Ability to answer calls with a defined script and an enthusiastic manner and time.
- Multi-tasking and clerical support as assigned by department
- Retirement Call Center Calls
- Assist in 1st level calls from retirees and active participants of pension plans. Handles requests for direct deposit of pension checks and completes written pension verification requests. Also provides check status to retirees during call peak periods.
- Flexibility in work schedules (evenings and Saturdays) and overtime as needed to maintain service level required
- Call Center Traffic Reallocation Function
- Analyzes call center volume, productivity, and patterns to assist the management team to allocate and optimize intra-day staffing levels to ensure quicker call response time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years experience with heavy phone call volume
- Excellent phone skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experienced in MS Outlook and the MS Office suite of applications
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, from administrative to senior executive staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness and ability to adapt to change, with the organizational skills to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of company structure
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Flexibility in work schedules (evenings and Saturdays) and overtime as needed to maintain required service levels.
Amalgamated Life Insurance Company
Founded in 1943, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company is now recognized as one of the nation's leading providers of high quality life, health and worksite/voluntary insurance solutions. The Company's high quality claims management and fiscal stability have earned it over 40 consecutive A.M. Best "A" (Excellent) ratings since 1975, as well as six consecutive placements on the "Ward's 50" list of the nation's top performing insurance companies. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, Amalgamated Life is an employee-centered organization with a robust, highly-competitive employee benefits and compensation package. Employees enjoy a pleasant, modern workplace environment, which features state-of-the-art technology, onsite café and fitness facilities. The Company sponsors many nonprofit and charitable endeavors and supports its employees' participation in these worthwhile causes. Amalgamated Life is a member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies.
Amalgamated Life takes pride in the competitive and extensive benefit programs that are offered to our full-time employees. Amalgamated Life's benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance
Disability Coverage: Short-Term ; Long-Term Plans
Life Insurance Coverage
Fidelity Goal Planner After-Tax Savings Plan
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care
Fitness Gym Membership Discounts
e-TRAC (New York)
Time off Benefits: Vacation, Sick
Days, Personal Days, Holidays
Opt-Out Reimbursement Program
Employee Referral Award Program
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices. Este Empleador Participaen E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.