JOB TITLE: Associate Data Scientist
REPORTS TO: Director of Analytics
JOB PURPOSE: Provide accurate and timely data support, analysis and maintenance using statistical math and algorithms on a variety of reports, charts, models and projects that have a direct impact on all aspects of Net Pay Advance, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Work closely with the Lead Data Scientist regarding efficiency, analysis, quality goals, and market and product trends
b. Contribute using SQL and R language to the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
c. Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day delivery of projects and initiatives
d. Find, clean and integrate data into usable and helpful information
e. Identify and utilize data analysis and measurements effectively to identify performance trends, shortfalls
f. Identify campaigns, strategies, and processes that drive highest results
g. Turn data into insight: segment, cluster, model and mine to better understand behaviors and trends
h. Analyze why things happened and predict what could happen in the future based on data
Maintain Operational Standards
a. Identify gaps in current data systems, drive and contribute to development of systems to bridge gap
b. Plan and execute ongoing strategies including maximization of technologies and processes
c. Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders
d. Adhere to professional conduct standards as defined by company guidelines
e. Take initiative to make things better and provide solutions for challenges
f. Demonstrate commitment to continued personal and professional improvement
a. Model Customer Service principles and practices and foster an environment where those principles guide accomplishing goals and interacting with internal and external Customers
b. Support management and advocates in day-to-day operations
c. Anticipate operational needs based on volume/expansion and make recommendations
d. Drive change – produce clear, understandable visualizations and reports to share with Senior Management. Partner with management to design tests and implement your findings
· BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field (with 3+ years of experience preferred)
· In depth knowledge and understanding of underwriting preferred
· Background in data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and modeling
· Strong SQL abilities and experience with massive relational database systems.
· Programming skills in R and experience with related machine learning packages
· Proven track record of assisting business decisions with accurate data
· Ability to produce significant output with minimal waste of effort.
· Plan, organize and schedule time in an efficient, productive manner.
· Ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibit a probing mind and achieve penetrating insights.
· High attention to detail.
· Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
· Ability to communicate well, including the ability to take complex topics and create relatable narratives for different audiences.
· Decisive individual with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
· Forward-thinking individual with the ability to clearly communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.Company Description
Net Pay Advance, Inc. is a reputable and established technology forward finance company. Our focus is delivering top quality products while providing the highest quality customer experience possible.
Our environment is the epitome of a small business operating with a large corporate mindset. Our use of technology and elite analytics lend to an exciting, challenging and ever-changing environment. We are seeking strong minded, success driven, independent creative thinkers to join our team.