Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Distribution Shipping Associate Position Summary
The Distribution Shipping Associate accurately distributes product to routes, loading and unloading trailers and verifying load(s) prior to distributing product. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Distribution Shipping Associate
- Great starting pay: 17.88/hour!
- Full health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Union position with job stability
- Growing organization & increased demand for products
- Paid training & opportunities for advancement internally and within Bimbo
- Company sponsored Health & Wellness programs, gym membership discounts, and company sponsored discount program
Distribution Shipping Associate Key Job Responsibilities
- Unload trailer and verify load prior to distributing product.
- Accurately distribute product to pre-determined routes.
- Report overages and shortages to Head Shipper.
- Be aware of and follow all safety procedures as set forth by the company.
- Be qualified to cover for Head Shipper in case of illness or vacation.
- Manually select a wide variety of products for routes & shipments.
- Work in a fast pace environment with a high focus on safety and customer service
- Close interaction and work within a team environment
- Power Equipment license is not necessary
- Additional duties as assigned.
Schedule Hiring For
Schedule: Must be open to working weekends and holidays – days off are during the week and are sometimes split
Shift: To be determined
• Education: High School Education or equivalent preferred
• Experience: 1-3 Years of relevant shipping experience preferred.
• Strong reading, math and people skills
• Must be well organized and computer literate
• Be able to lift 20 lbs over head to a height of 92 inches
Internal Title: Shipper
Keywords: Warehouse Associate, warehouse worker, general labor, material handler, shipper, shipping and receiving, receiver, picker, packer, fork lift driver, inventory clerk
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.