Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
For the European Headquarters, based in Winterthur (Switzerland), we are looking for a
Project Senior Chemist 100% f/m
Responsible for the evaluation of manufacturing materials, development, evaluation and validation of analytical methods, performing/reviewing laboratory duties, scientific support/ lead of inter-departmental projects as well as of quality, operations and process validation related tasks.
- Evaluation of manufacturing materials and contact materials
- Organization of and assistance with laboratory duties upon requirement
- Analytical Testing Svcs Manager deputy
- Leads and participates in inter-departmental projects
- Writes procedures and instructions e.g. for use of analytical lab equipment
- Responsible for development and validation of new analytical methods and modifications to existing methods to comply with internal and external standards, as well as for harmonization / transfer of methods between different analytical laboratories/ sites within the corporation or with contract laboratories
- Review, organization, evaluation and approval of test data during the routine operation and for results which are out-of-specification, out-of-trend etc. Assures timely completion of current calibration conditions for test instrumentation and routine corrective maintenance needed on laboratory equipment and associated computer systems
- Provides chemical expertise in arising non-conformances, CAPAs, audits and for regular production
- Support process engineering as Subject Matter Expert in relevant topics (e.g design assessments, process validations)
- Responsible for writing and revision of QMS documents and research documents relating to laboratory function or cleanliness in general
- Assessment and implementation of requirements set forth by international standards such as ASTM and
- ISO standards in the field of expertise
Education / Experience Requirements
- Minimum BSc degree in chemistry or a related technical field (a general scientific background is a must)
- Experience in GxP environment required, medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in analytical chemistry (hands-on lab experience beneficial)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and knowledge of industry standards
- Project management experience is preferable
- Very good written and oral German and English skills (C1 or better)
- Analytical mindset and a can-do attitude
If you seize this opportunity, you will be able to develop your international experience and be a part of a great and truly global team. Zimmer Biomet offers a wide range of challenging career advancement opportunities and a dynamic work environment. We look forward to receiving your complete application online through the Zimmer Biomet Homepage.
Frau Isabell Singer
Human Resources Senior Generalist
Phone +41 (0) 58 854 81 45
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,