Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.Responsibilities
Our Transitional Living Specialists provide their 18-22 year old clients with the knowledge to utilize all available community resources.These counselors are able to help clients become self sufficient by assisting them in locating and learning how to use community resources such as housing, employment and education.
- Carry a maximum caseload of 9-10 young adults
- Meet with the young adult a minimum of one time per week, increasing and decreasing as directed by the Clinical Supervisor on the basis of clinical need.
- Provide on call crisis support to the client 24 hours a day 7 days a week (alternating on-call duties).
- Provide accurate and complete information to Clinical Supervisor in a timely manner in the event of a crisis situation.
- Implement suggestions of interventions provided by supervisor and/or consultant in a timely manner to be reflected in the next treatment plan cycle.
- Participate weekly in all supervision exercises to ensure the appropriate conceptualization and implementation of treatment.
- Provide all therapeutic services in accordance with Youth Villages’ Mission and Values and LifeSet Model Principles.
- Conduct on-going assessment of the young adult’s needs from a strength focused, solution-based perspective.
- Engage and align with the young adult and their support system to elicit full participation in treatment.
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
A Master's degree in a social services discipline is strongly preferred
A Bachelor's degree in a social services discipline is required
One year of related experience in counseling and/or case management is required
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement