Product Manager – Insurance Products
We are a fun and exciting location-based data and risk prediction company with industry leading products. In order to meet an ever-increasing demand, we are looking to hire a Product Manager with outstanding knowledge of the P&C insurance industry and purchase cycle.
This position will work from our offices in Worcester, MA (read more about our fabulous location, below). Relocation assistance will be offered for the right out-of-area candidate.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Work with product visionary and data science team to provide market research and voice of customer
· Validate the viability and opportunity of products
· Provide use cases, lead team in developing optimal consumption methods including pricing, craft messaging, go to market strategies & tactics, and inform the sales process iteratively
· Work with internal team to guide the creation of Market Requirement Documentation (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documentation (PRDs)
· Interact with prospects and customers as the product expert in presentations alongside sales team when needed
· Evaluate competitive offerings and provide sales with positioning against those offerings
· Conduct and coordinate testing of products for customer validation
· Address customer technical questions/objections based on your insurance industry expertise
What’s in it For You:
- A casual, fun working environment, where you can be part of bringing some of the most ground-breaking predictive products to market, alongside a team that’s as passionate as you are about this stuff
- Help both commercial and personal lines P&C insurers, MGAs and brokers make informed decisions by taking advantage of products that predict the probability of claims and losses at any location – for crime, fire, wind/hail, non-weather water damage, and more
- Be part of a team that ‘swarms’ and brainstorms to adjust data products to delight customers.
- Great work/life balance, with 40-45-hour work weeks the norm
- Competitive salary and great benefits (medical coverage, dental, vision, life, 401(k), 5 weeks paid personal time each year)
- Long-term stability with a venture-backed company that is profitable and experiencing strong growth
- Investors include the founders of MapQuest and CoreLogic
Required Skills & Experience:
· Previous experience as a Product Manager in the Insurance space, or deep experience licensing and purchasing data within an insurance company
· Strong organizational skills, can shift gears quickly, aptitude and passion for statistics and risk data
· Good interpersonal skills, truly enjoy working with others in a small company
· Knowledge of Agile process and principles
· Outstanding communication, presentation, written and organizational skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills; knows how to ask good questions
· Creative thinker with a vision, tempered with humility
· Attention to details
- Overlooking the beautiful historic Common in the center of Worcester, New England’s second largest city, in a modern office building. Office space is awash in views and light.
- National Public Radio recently said: “forget Oakland. Worcester, MA is the new ‘It’ location!”
- Yards away from commuter rail hub, highway, pubs, restaurants and coffee shops.
- 34,000 college students attend institutions in the city
- 5 miles in any direction and you are in quaint New England towns with nationally-ranked schools, historic charm, and great housing options (and we would know, we’re the experts!).
- Covered garage parking paid by our Company
Location, Inc. is a small and growing, high-end geospatial analysis company born of university research, specializing in location-based decision-making tools: analytics, information and data. We license geospatial risk analytics as a suite of SaaS products for a host of business to business applications, and run NeighborhoodScout.com, the largest neighborhood search engine in the world, and “the most trusted source for choosing a neighborhood,” according to Money® Magazine.
See Location, Inc. interviewed on Boston ABC-TV’s Chronicle!