This position is responsible for performing preventive maintenance for all manufacturing operations. In addition, it provides assistance or takes on sole responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing problems. This position is to repair, service, and maintain the plant and plant equipment. It also ensures food safety, HACCP, SQF, and GMP program compliance.Respond to breakdowns and failures on the plant floor.
Respond to breakdowns and failures on the plant floor.
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment in a thorough and safe manner.
- Exhibit good communication skills.
- Work in team environment or independently.
- Train production employees as well as other mechanics and be willing to be trained by other mechanics.
- Follow all plant and corporate safety and food safety policies and procedures.
Work weekends or overtime with short notice on a daily basis if needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Participate in plant audit and inspection preparation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to stand for majority of shift.
- Be able to read and write English.
- Be able to read and understand formulas and other instructions.
- Be able to work in high ambient temperatures.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in manufacturing setting.
- Experience with electrical, plumbing, conveyors, motors/gearboxes, and reading schematics/blue prints.
- Be able to perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, climbing of machinery and/or tooling.
Alpha Baking Company, Inc., a manufacturer and national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Alpha Baking’s broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.