Genesis Homecare is a fast growing home health network looking for an Physical Therapist to join our team!
***Now offering a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!!***
Our employees enjoy: Competitive Pay, Quarterly Bonuses, 401(k) Match, Verizon Wireless Discount, Paid Time Off, Nursing CEU's, and more!
PRN Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, flexible scheduling!
As a Physical Therapist you will:
• Provides skilled physical therapy in a patient’s home as ordered by the attending physician
• Observes, records, and reports patient reactions, changes, and progress to attending physician and any appropriate agency staff
• Performs OASIS assessments to develop an individualized plan of care and makes adjustments as needs change
• Completes initial evaluation and admission visit within 48-72 hours of referral
• Helps decrease re-hospitalizations by front loading visits for high risk patients
• Treats patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance using physical means, such as, exercise, massage, heat, water, etc
• Arranges the provision of services listed above on an outpatient basis which cannot be given in the patient’s home
• Promotes continuity of care with appropriate admissions, transfers and discharges
• Counsels patient and family on the disease/injury and how to manage in all phases of physical therapy
• Instructs patient and family members on proper use of equipment such as wheelchairs, braces, walkers, crutches, canes, and other prosthetic/orthotic devices
• Ensures patient/family know financial responsibility for needed equipment by utilizing DME department and/or MSW
• Oversees and supervises therapy services of patient provided by PTAs and when appropriate, nurse assistants
• Completes all clinical documentation in accordance with agency protocol and Medicare/Federal guidelines
• Physical Therapist with current license in the state of Ohio
• One year of experience
• Home care experience preferred
We can’t wait to meet you!
Genesis Homecare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.