Oogie Art: Art Portfolio Development School:
Would you like to gain admission to a top fine arts school, visual arts school or college of design, or are you simply looking for quality arts classes for children in your area?
"I've been coming to Oogie Art for only half a year. I live in Princeton, NJ, and it takes me 1.5-2 hours each way to go to Oogie Art.
I like Ms. Choi because she really cares for you, unlike instructors at many other schools. I was afraid to use color, and Ms. Choi knew that - she gave me homework to study color theory and made me practice using colors.
She made me go to Home Depot, which I thought was random, and told me to get lots of wall paint sample cards so I always had a visual reference whenever I was working with color. Thanks to her, I got accepted into my top choice college!"
- Hiann Lee, admitted into SVA with a $62,000 scholarship
"I came here because I wanted to attend the High School of Art & Design. In school, I took art classes, but it wasn't challenging enough - you weren't really learning anything.
There was one teacher for 20+ students, but at Oogie Art I get the individual attention I need. Self-portraits used to be really hard, but after Oogie, I have become more confident in my drawing skills."
- Alonzo Reyes, admitted to Art & Design High School
Available to students in Grades 5-12, international students & transfer students
The aim of our art portfolio development classes is to help you to create an extraordinary body of artworks that will round out your art school applications, prepare you for life in a top art college, and strengthen the impression you make on admissions & scholarship committees.
- We provide weekday, evening and weekend (Saturday) art classes in subjects that include Art Portfolio Preparation, Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Fashion Design, Illustration, Film & Animation, Mixed Media & Collage, AP Art Prep & more..
- Registration on a monthly basis
- Students take 4-28 classes a month
- World-class instructors
Outside of class, you and your parents can track the development of your artworks, ask questions and request feedback 24/7 using our online portfolioTrack™ system.
- Students at Oogie Art follow a curriculum that is specifically based on their level of ability, intended colleges, time horizons, and intended major. You will always be allowed to work through your curriculum at your own pace.
- We hold in-class critiques, international museum workshops, and targeted seminars every year to help you talk and write about your work more effectively.
- We keep our class sizes small to ensure that you receive the individualized attention that you need. The average student-teacher ratio per class is 9:1. An instructor will always be close by to answer any questions you may have, providing guidance and demonstrating techniques.
- In our studios, we encourage research, exploration and experimentation. We’ll also encourage you to venture out of your comfort zones and develop a flexibility of mind. Expand your vocabulary of techniques by working with unconventional materials and media.
- Submit Your Portfolio Correctly: We professionally photograph your final pieces, help you write informed descriptions about each, then walk you through the process of submitting them to your intended colleges via Slideroom.
- Ace Your Home Tests and Auditions: In addition to helping you prepare your art portfolio, we offer one-to-one guidance with home tests for Parsons, RISD, FIT, and Cooper Union; and in-class drawing exams for entrance to LaGuardia Arts High School.
- Win Prestigious Art Awards: We submit the best pieces you make each year to help you win as many regional and national as possible before your college deadlines. Winning awards helps to round out your college applications, even if your intended major isn’t art. Our approach makes it possible to win multiple awards per year.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 11 Jay Street, Tenafly, Bergen County, New Jersey 07670, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.