Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD): Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic college of creative applied arts.
Our small, intimate campus is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC. VCAD offers a range of Art and Design diploma programs in fields including fashion, graphic and web design, interior design, and animation.
By studying in the downtown core, students are given an opportunity to experience the business hub of the city while within VCAD's friendly, comfortable creative environment.
Conveniently located near major bus routes and close to the Skytrain, our campus allows students from outlying areas to easily commute to college.
Vancouver is an ideal place to live and study, and is a hotspot for the latest arts and culture, technology, architecture, economic, and environmental sustainability projects, events and activities, and research and innovation. The city of Vancouver has recently been ranked in the top three liveable cities in the world.
School / Office Address:626 West Pender St, V6B 1V9
Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art, Toronto
Courses / Programs
• Whether you want to take the first step towards an exciting new career as a professional makeup artist, or want to learn new makeup skills for personal use, Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Toronto may be the perfect solution for you!
• Through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps, Sheriff Professional provides makeup artist bootcamps and private makeup classes in Toronto.
• Our mobile makeup classes are also available in the following cities in the Greater Toronto Area: Brampton; Mississauga; Vaughan; Etobicoke; London; Scarborough; Pickering; & Barrie ON. They are also offered in several other cities throughout Canada.
• Our flagship makeup school is situated in downtown Winnipeg MB.
• Suitable for complete beginners or beauty industry professionals who wish to offer additional services to their clients, our beauty and makeup workshops are taught by experienced and qualified instructors.
• Class sizes are kept small, and there is an emphasis on hands-on experience.
• Sheriff Professional offers financing to qualified students. We pass along employment opportunities to our graduates.
• "This class was well worth every cent. I landed my job doing what I love to do - makeup. I would not have gotten the foot in if I did not show up prepared with my portfolio and new skills. Thanks to all the instructors and staff at Sheriff Professional." Cindy
Langara College in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada offers a Digital Film Production Program that is a unique, comprehensive, and a professional training program. It offers training in Drama, Documentary, Music Video and Commercials production, designed by the Film Community, and taught by award-winning professionals. We work closely with students and help them develop their personal goals, artistically, technically and commercially. Students benefit from our mentorship approach to their training. Graduates are award-winners and work in the film industry. Graduates remain part of our "Film Community" with access to our Crew Call list, graduate discounts on Edit Suite rental and more.
16 week accelerated learning full-time general film certificate program offered 3 times a year in Sept, Jan, and May; The 16 week intensive full-time Documentary program offered twice a year in Sept, & May; 1the 16 week Art of Camera Lighting Certificate program offered one a year in January. A part-time evening & weekend general certificate program, where students can either take the complete certificate or individual courses. This option has three intakes a year.
Established more than 30 years ago by industry professionals with a passion for teaching, Centre for Arts and Technology is an institution in a league of its own.
OUR STUDENTS DON’T JUST STUDY THE DIGITAL ARTS, THEY LIVE IT, BREATH IT, AND EXCEL THROUGH US.
The Centre delivers unique diploma and certificate programs designed in consultation with industry employers and working professionals. This ensures your education is completely aligned with evolving career opportunities in the employment marketplace.
Technology has revolutionized the entertainment world, reinventing both consumer marketplace and the production processes for 3D Animation, Visual and Special Effects, Film and Video Production, Graphic Design, Digital Media, Fashion Design, Audio Engineering, Video Games, Fashion Design, Interior Design, and other forms of Entertainment and Communications Production.
- 2D Animation & Digital Art
- Animation for Game, Film, & Visual Effects
- Audio Engineering & Production
- Electronic Music Production
- Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Fusion Filmmaking
- Digital Photography
- Event & Promotions Management
- Graphic Design & Web Development
- Graphic & Digital Design
- Interior Decoration & Residential Design
- Interior Design
- Network Security Administrator/Specialist
- Veterinary Hospital Assistant
- Summer Programs - English Plus Digital
• With The Candle Academy, a leading candle making training provider, you can now learn to make beautiful candles from the comfort of your own home or studio in Canada or around the world.
• Taught by Gary Simmons from the UK - one of the top candle designers in the world - our distance learning candle making courses will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby.
• Offered through a combination of HD video demonstration, PDF files, email correspondence, and consultation with your instructor via Skype, our courses are for complete Beginners to Advanced level artists and design professionals.
• Gary Simmons also teaches on-site candle making courses at his school in Koh Samui, Thailand.
• Our unique and intensive distance learning candle making courses follow the same techniques and training methods as our face-to-face programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in person.
• Our comprehensive courses aim to equip you with the creative, technical, and commercial skills you need to make a profit and livelihood from this special profession.
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"It has been a privilege to learn from a master."
- Sam, Israel
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"I never imagined that candle making could be so exciting and challenging the course is full of information and helpful tips."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
Improve your art / design / architecture portfolio with private lessons from renowned art tutor Mr Rick Gee.
PortfolioPrep provides private, one to one portfolio preparation sessions and experienced guidance to Canadian and international students. Lessons are available online via Skype, and in the Greater Toronto Area of Southern Ontario, Canada.
Preparing a strong portfolio to demonstrate your artistic abilities is a critical part of your application to any art school or college around the world.
Numa International Institute of Makeup and Design, Calgary
Courses / Programs
The Numa International Institute of Makeup and Design (NiiMD) is located in Calgary, Alberta. We offer comprehensive makeup, hairstyling and fashion courses that provide our students with the necessary skills to excel in the makeup and fashion industries. Numa is an institute of higher education, creativity and expression. We also have a training school in Edmonton.
It is our mission to empower our students with confidence, skill and creativity. We believe in a well rounded program with a strong emphasis on hands on application. As an artist, you are entitled to express yourself in accordance with your own personal flair; however a grounding in the fundamentals of your trade is what will ensure your success. Using quality brand name products is a standard of NiiMD.