THINK Global School:
Give your child the invaluable gift of international cultural immersion with THINK Global School (TGS) - the world's first global, traveling high school. Taught in small classes by experienced & dedicated teachers, our school year consists of three terms in three different countries around the world (In 2017-18, we are situated in Botswana, India, Japan and Spain). Headquartered in NYC, TGS is authorized to provide the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program for students ages 14-18 in Grades 10-12, and all subject courses are designed to combine learning with a wealth of cultural experiences in the current location.
International Traveling High School Program for Students in Grades 10-12:
- Pre-IB Program (Grade 10)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (Grades 11-12)
TGS has been authorized as an official IB World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization.
This means that our school’s curriculum is guided by the IB Diploma Programme, with students taking the IB examinations prior to graduation at the end of 12th grade.
Universities around the world place students who have completed the IB Diploma in high esteem, and often grant them advanced status upon admission.
10th Grade - Pre-IB Courses:
• English (World Literature)
• Global Studies (Anthropology, Current Events, Geography, History)
• Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
• Math (Statistics, Geometry, Algebra, Pre-Calculus)
• World Languages (Spanish 1, 2, 3)
• World Languages (Mandarin 1, 2, 3)
• Visual Arts (Photography, Film, Drawing, Painting)
• Physical Education
• newMedia Lab
11th & 12th Grade - IB Diploma Program:
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) constitutes the final two years of study at TGS, beginning in the 11th Grade and concluding with the sitting of the IB exams at the end of the 12th Grade. Students must complete the IB Core modules as well as 6 Elective courses:
IB Core Requirements:
• Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
• Creativity, Action, Service (CAS)
• Extended Essay (EE)
Elective Courses (1 course from each of the following IB groups)
• Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature
• Group 2: Language Acquisition
• Group 3: Individuals and Societies
• Group 4: Experimental Sciences
• Group 5: Mathematics and Computer Science
• Group 6: The Arts
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.