Art Schools in UK: Film schools in London, media & television production degree courses, film producing, acting classes, screenwriting, theatre writing, performance arts training, undergraduate & post-graduate film degree courses in England
Drama, Film and Media at Regent's University London: Conveniently located in Central London, The Regent's School of Drama, Film & Media (RSDFM) is one of 7 specialist schools at Regent's University London – the largest provider of private higher education in the UK. We are a vibrant school led by media industry practitioners, academics and recognised specialists in creative production. Head of School, David Hanson, has enjoyed a successful career in the creative industries as an award-winning scriptwriter, working on projects that have won BAFTA, Ace and Golden Rose of Montreux awards.
Email:Contact us below
Accreditation: Our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are validated by the Open University, and accredited by the British Accreditation Council.
RSDFM Undergraduate & Postgraduate Degree Programmes: The School offers a platform of innovative, challenging and highly creative media programmes which bring theoretical understanding and practical, hands-on experience. There are degrees in creating, writing, producing, directing and acting for film, television and theatre productions, as well as in originating, shaping and managing a wide range of creative ideas and ventures.
The modern media degree is no longer a traditional study of culture and society. It must be an intensive hands-on training for a wide, fast-growing and rapidly-changing industry, and it must look to that industry to guide and shape the development of the creative individuals and leaders of tomorrow.
Photoion Photography in Central London is a professional photographic training school offering weekend photography courses and workshops for beginners to advanced students throughout the year. Photoion provides professional photographic training that gives you the knowledge and hands-on practical experience to learn how to make properly exposed and beautiful photographs. Whether you are new with photography, want to improve your skills or simply want to take better pictures on holiday, Photoion is the place to learn photography quickly and effectively.
You will be taught with professional methods including power point presentation projected on a large screen, physical examples, practical exercises, impromptu demonstrations, tests, etc. You will get to go out and practice with the camera. You will also receive a PDF version of the full course material on a CD.
Weekend Photography Courses and Workshops in London:
- Digital Photography Course for Beginners
- Digital Photography Course for Intermediates
- Special Photographic Techniques Workshops
- Photographing Southbank by Night Workshop
- Portrait Photography Course
- Studio Lighting Photography Course
- Product Photography Course in London
• London Art Portfolio is a leading provider of art and design qualifications to UK and international students.
• Located in Wapping, Tower Hamlets, East London (and close to Tower Bridge), we offer a 24-week Foundation Course in Art and Design which could be ideal for anyone who would like to prepare to study for a Bachelor Degree in art, design or architecture.
• This practical, project-based art foundation course aims to help you to develop a strong, individual portfolio of creative work and decide on your future pathway. Specialist options include Architecture, Fashion Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, and Textile Design.
Student Review: "London Art Portfolio helped me find my creative self again, it helped me learn how to develop my own projects and how to present them properly. Fantastic team, great tutorials, vibrant and inspiring atmosphere. I will be eternally thankful to London Art Portfolio." - Shanice
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media
London College of Fashion (LCF) is a prestigious fashion school that is part of the University of the Arts London and the only college in the UK to specialise in fashion education, research and consultancy. We offer a range of full-time and part-time undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in all aspects of the fashion business including fashion design, fashion management, fashion marketing, photography, footwear and accessories, beauty therapy, make-up and image styling, fashion journalism among many others.
We also offer short fashion courses (including evening and weekend courses), professional development courses for those currently working in the fashion industry, online courses and study abroad programs for international students including semester abroad and summer school programmes.
London College of Fashion is based over six sites - two based in the West End of London, three in the East End of London, and Lime Grove in West London. With sites in Oxford Street, Hoxton and Shepherds Bush, our students are not short of inspiration; having immediate access to some of the world's best museums, galleries, clubs, theatres, cinemas, shops, libraries, markets and parks.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
Situated directly opposite Euston Station in the heart of Central London, the London Academy of Media, Film, and TV offers short practical courses in a wide range of media-related areas taught by industry professionals. Established since 1996, L.A.M.F.T offers over 140 courses aimed at adults who are looking to update their current skills or learn new skills with a view to sustaining a career within the media film and television industry. Part-Time Evening, Day, and Weekend courses are available.
The quality of the tuition and the passion of the tutors make London Academy a popular place to study. Each year, over 900 students enrol on courses at London Academy. 50% of students enrol for 2 or more courses creating their own learning path with a view to gaining experience within the industry.
London Academy is also a UK government-recognised learning provider spanning the entire globe from Europe, the Middle East and SE Asia. Let London Academy inspire you to become who you want to be.
- TV Production
- Video & Sound
- TV Presenter
- Makeup SFX
- Creative Writing
- Media & PR
Part-Time Evening, Day, and Weekend courses are available