Apply to high schools for international students in UK: English language immersion for juniors / secondary school teenagers to spend an academic year in a school in England. Short-term cultural immersion & academic study courses too.
UK High School Immersion: UK High School Immersion specialises in placing foreign students in to high schools in the south of England. The high schools we work with are performing well according to the government inspection body OFSTED. UKHSI provides a 24/7 support service prior to the students arrival and throughout the students stay. Our team available to deal with any request of the student.
FULL ACADEMIC YEAR AND FULL TERM PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS – FLEXIBLE
UK High School Immersion is proud to announce one of our most successful programme aimed at groups of young learners aged 12 to 17 years of age who wish to come to the UK and attend a local school whilst staying in host family accommodation.
We have a close connection with our local community and two schools have come together with UKHSI to offer students a unique opportunity to study alongside native students of the same age. Due to high demand we are also working alongside other schools across the UK and hope to announce further venues later in the year.
This exciting programme enables students to gain academic knowledge, improve their English skills and become familiar with different teaching and learning styles. This total immersion programme is also consolidated by living with a local host family where English is spoken and serves to build upon the skills learned in the classroom.
Students will shadow English speaking students when they attend academic lessons such as Maths, Science, social studies and other subjects available on the curriculum making this a truly all round learning experience.
There will be the chance for students to prepare a presentation on their country during their stay and to form new friends and experience first-hand British education and culture.
Key Facts. Host Family Accommodation (two or more students sharing) Full Board Breakfast and evening meal with family. Packed lunch or Hot Lunch available (extra charge) Induction session by school on safety and rules Study materials Bus pass for local travel throughout stay Cultural activities, sports from 3pm to 5.30pm Saturday excursion fully supervised at extra charge 24 hour emergency number Welfare coordinator Student ID wrist bands Induction pack with map of local area Graduation with certificate of attendance One free leader for every 15 students BUDDY system (contact before arrival with English students) Age range 12 to 17 years Prestigious local schools available in Brighton and Hove.
For groups to be eligible for this course there are specific requirements that need to be met. Students must be Intermediate level or above (B1). This must be proven by students sitting an assessment test that will be sent by the high school in England.
Students must also have an excellent level of behaviour and references from their school will be required.
A school uniform must be worn. This will be a white shirt and black trousers or black skirt. If the students wish to wear a cardigan or jumper this must also be black.
Teachers/Leaders with the group must provide their police check documents at time of booking.
• St Brelade's College is an English language school located on the British island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, approximately 20 miles off the French coast and 80 miles south of England.
• We provide a range of year-round and summer English language courses for students aged 10-18 years including intensive, private lessons, holiday programmes or residential programmes. We offer courses for individuals or groups.
• Established in 1978, St Brelade’s College is accredited by the British Council and is a member of English UK. We offer a varying weekly activity programme, visiting places of interest, such as conservation parks and castles, and arranging activities and social evenings.
• We provide a holiday package that allows our students to practise and learn the English language, along with having a memorable stay.
• Our students have the choice of staying in homestay accommodation with one of our host families on the island, in a summer residence or in hotel accommodation.
Student Testimonial: "Morning classes dramatically improved our English. We did activities, games and others things. It was very entertaining. I saw the results this year on my grades." Arethuse, 15, France, 2 week summer holiday course
Kildinan Parkdale Farm (Horse-riding + English Courses)
Courses / Programs
• Join us in summer 2018 for an unforgettable horse-riding & English language learning experience for international students ages 10-18 in the beautiful south-east England!
• Situated in the historic, cultural town of Battle in East Sussex (90 km south-east of London and 50 km east of Brighton seaside resort), Kildinan Park Dale Farm provides one and two-week, residential, English + Horse Riding summer camps for riders and learners of all levels.
• Students will be welcomed into the family home for their English summer course with a maximum of 4 students staying at any one time. You will be part of Kildinan Park Dale Farm's family life - encouraging everyday conversation to reinforce your English language lessons.
• We look forward to welcoming you to the south-east!
• For international students aged 10-18
• Camp Duration: 1 or 2 weeks
• 15 hours English tuition per week
• 15 hours Horse riding instruction per week
• 1 excursion per week
• Homestay accommodation with an English family
• Transfer from Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, London
Established in 1996, International College of English is a professional family-run school providing a range of year-round English language courses and summer schools for students aged from 7 to 17 years old.
Our courses are offered with Home Stay Accommodation or Residential Campus options, with three locations in Portsmouth (a Seaside City on the South Coast), Reigate in beautiful Surrey (south west of London), and St Albans in Hertfordshire (North of London, between Watford and Luton).
Our programmes include an exciting cultural program visiting major cities, workshops and outside classroom activities to open the minds of our clients.
We offer courses to Juniors from all walks of life and from all countries. We are specialised in school groups but also take individual students.
We pride ourselves on care and attention being of paramount importance.
Our Dynamic Teaching Team and Leaders are with the students at all times, helping them, supervising them and making sure they are safe.
With In House Cambridge Examiners for UCLES, all our courses are designed to both help students build confidence and enjoy English together with helping them strive to reach personal development and success with Language Exams.
Students will live and learn in a safe and welcoming home, where every student counts, side by side with their teachers and staff who will attend to their every need.
Designed for juniors and teenagers, 7-17 years
Lessons are dynamic and fun, for building confidence and developing personal skills
Day 1 Arrival and welcome Party
Day 2 ESL (3 hours) + St Albans City Visit with Orientation Activity/Tour + Challenge Night
Day 3 ESL (3 hours) + London. Natural History/Science Museum + Karaoke
Day 4 ESL (3 hours) + Human Cluedo/British Sports + Fashion Show
Day 5 ESL (3 hours) + Watford +Didactic Activity + Quiz Night
Day 6 ESL (3 hours) + Oxford. Tour of Trinity + Film Night
Day 7 Tour of London + Diploma Ceremony and Party
Day 8 Milton Keynes/ Lake/ departure.
ISSOS, Summer Schools at Cambridge and St Andrews Universities
Courses / Programs
• ISSOS gives international students (ages 13-18) the opportunity to improve their English language skills while enjoying an unforgettable summer experience in the UK!
• We offer all-inclusive three-week summer school programs in July and August in the world-famous Cambridge and St. Andrews Universities.
• Cambridge and St Andrews are university towns that provide a stunning, unique and safe location for our students.
• St Andrews is located on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow.
• The city of Cambridge in England is situated approximately 50 miles (80 km) north-east of London.
• Our residential summer schools aim to offer a balanced summer experience of academics, fun and culture. Students choose one academic subject and one elective subject to study during their 3-week stay.
• Academic subject options include English language courses for beginner to advanced students.
• We attract students from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities. We offer limited places to guarantee small class sizes and individual attention.
Student Review: "It’s hard to sum up ISSOS in a few lines, but its quite easy to sum up in one word: Brilliant! From classes to activities to trips, ISSOS has something for everyone and more than one thing for most."
- Rachel, USA
ECHO English Language School, located next to the historic town of Arundel in the South Downs National Park on the south coast of England between Brighton and Chichester, is a residential school specialising in immersion English courses for small numbers of students aged between 12 - 17. Our courses are held in the summer holidays and provide a fully residential opportunity to learn & live under one roof. We offer highly individualised English language courses in small groups, enabling students to learn in a fast, effective way in a warm and friendly environment.
At ECHO Language School, we want our students to enjoy their English language learning and to practice as much English as possible. We have an 'English All Day' rule so our students practise their English language in real situations, inside and outside class and study times. We are a small school (maximum 25 students!) and so students make good international friends quickly, and we can offer a very well-monitored residential environment all day. All the bedrooms are shared (1 to 5 students), en-suite, students are in a safe, comfortable environment all the time, and they can concentrate on building their language skills.
- Junior English course for ages 12-14
- Senior English course for ages 15-17
- Intensive English course (including exam preparation for school exams such as Abitur or Baccalaureat, and international qualifications such as the Cambridge exams ) for ages 15 to 17
Students enjoy activities every afternoon and evening - sports, fun, culture, creativity and/or academic skills depending on the course chosen (Junior - fun, Senior -fun & academic, Intensive -academic), and full-day excursions on Saturdays.
• Get a unique introduction to your favourite academic subject at University level in the prestigious environment of Cambridge University!
• Reach Cambridge provides residential spring and summer courses for UK & international high school students ages 14-18.
• With a wide range of academic subjects to choose from, our spring and summer camps are taught by experts in the field through interactive classes, lectures and workshops.
• Located just 50 miles north of London, students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Our fun, spring and summer programs give you the opportunity to experience an academically-rigorous summer program in one of the top educational facilities in the world.
• Our challenging and vibrant summer courses are specially designed to complement high school studies, whilst also offering a glimpse of University-style learning.
• As well as an unrivaled academic environment, students experience British culture in the stimulating and distinguished surroundings of the University City of Cambridge in the south-east of England.
• Your studies will be combined with a varied program of exciting activities and excursions across Britain.
Student Review: "I had exceptionally high expectations for the Reach Cambridge Course, and I happy to report they were all reached and surpassed. The University is absolutely beautiful, the staff is incredible, and the experience was perfectly unique.'
2 & 4-week Summer Camps 2019 in July & August • Biotechnology
• Computer Science
• Economics & Business Management
• English Literature
• English Literature & Creative Writing
• Journalism & Media
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Physics & Astronomy
• Physics & Engineering
• Politics & International Relations
• SAT Preparation