Private middle schools in Illinois: Preschools in Chicago. Independent elementary & middle school in Cook County. Kindergarten & early childhood education programs. Private K-8 school on Chicago Northside, IL
North Park Elementary, Chicago: In 1980, North Park Elementary was established to create an affordable alternative for parents who wanted to provide top quality kindergarten through eighth grade elementary school education within the City of Chicago. A group of founding parents in the North Park neighborhood banded together to create the fledgling school with hope, high expectations and a great deal of hard work. Given our convenient Northside location, we typically serve families on the north side of Chicago, from Lake View, North Center, Lincoln Square, Old Irving Park - even Evanston.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Our challenging, well rounded curriculum combines the best elements of traditional instruction with the whole child approach to ensure each child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth. North Park Elementary is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), the Illinois Board of Education (ISBE) and Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS).
- Kindergarten program
- Elementary program
- Lower School program
- Middle School program
- Athletics program
We emphasize a strong academic curriculum integrating the fine arts. We are committed to teaching basic education skills in reading, writing, mathematics, science, social science and critical thinking, using the best of contemporary and traditional techniques.
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
St. Cornelius School in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois is dedicated to providing children an excellent education rooted in the Catholic Christian tradition through our preschool and elementary / middle school programs through Grade 8. By our focus on education driven by faith, students learn and act with integrity and kindness. Our goal is to educate children to become dedicated and productive people in our world. The St. Cornelius learning program is geared to meet the needs of today and the demands of tomorrow.
Cornelius School is an integral part of the St. Cornelius Parish and community at large. In conjunction with the evangelizing mission of the church and parish, St. Cornelius School is called to teach the message of Jesus in a Catholic context. Our unique role is to instill in the children the future responsibility of becoming loving adult disciples of Jesus.
Catholic Educational Programs from Preschool through Grade 8:
- Catholic Preschool program: Classes for 3 and 4 year old children
- Catholic Elementary & Middle School program (Grades K-8)
- We also offer an extended day option until 6:00 pm
- Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
St. Cornelius is dedicated to providing an education for the student inside and outside of the classroom.
The Paintbrush, opened in 2005, is a children's art studio owned by sisters Melanie and Mindy Apel in Lakeview on the North Side of Chicago, Cook County, IL. At The Paintbrush, kids do more than just paint. Starting at 18 months old, kids learn about famous artists, listen to music and create their own inspired works of art and projects inspired by the artists' styles.
The Paintbrush offers a selection of classes geared to different ages along with workshops and summer camp. Classes are ongoing, so kids can join anytime.
The mission of The Paintbrush is to introduce young children to the wonderful world of art. The main goal is to teach kids to love art and have an understanding of the artists they study and whose works inspire their own creations.
St. Bernadette Catholic Elementary School, Rockford
Courses / Programs
St. Bernadette Catholic Elementary School (Pre-K-8), located in Rockford in Winnebago County in northern Illinois, is an extension of St. Bernadette Catholic Church. As we share the Church's teaching and history, we hope that our students will be strong spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically. Students have daily religion instruction and attend Mass weekly. Students are encouraged to participate in the Mass through music, serving, ushering and lectoring.
Our mission is to provide each student with a thorough understanding and appreciation of the Catholic Faith and to provide a foundation of academic and personal skills that will be necessary to thrive as a responsible member of the school and parish communities as well as the world at large.
The Children's House Lake Meadows provides distinct and proven Early Education Experience programs for children ages 6 weeks through to 12 years of age. The Children's House is privately owned, and currently operates 4 facilities in Cook County, Illinois, including Chicago City, Park Forest and Markham. The Children's House Lake Meadows is fully licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
We employ only qualified teachers and teachers aides, and keep our class sizes small to provide your child with a comfortable environment that is conductive to learning. Our endeavor is to provide parents, regardless of their hours of work or school schedule, with quality care for their children. Because of our desire to accommodate the many schedules incurred in the 21st century, The Children's House is open 130 hours a week, versus the normal 60 hours at most child care centers.
• Enroll in an accredited online homeschool course from Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA), and give your child or teenager the opportunity to benefit from quality online education from the comfort of their own home in Illinois and throughout the U.S.
• We deliver comprehensive, NCAA-approved study-at-home academic programs to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students.
• A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program, and an official transcript that states that they have completed the requirements for graduation in their state.
• We provide anytime online access to our online courses. Tailored to appeal to today’s web-savvy kids, this makes studying convenient for all schedules.
• Our staff is skilled at easing the transition from high school to college. We have experience in what it takes to get you accepted at the college of your choice.
ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Online K-12 Homeschool Programs: For kindergarten, elementary school, middle school & high school students
• Core courses, electives & and career-technical courses
• College entrance assistance
• Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Individualized curriculum with each student assigned a personal learning coach
• Programs for students with special needs
A homeschool diploma is awarded to high school seniors on successful completion of the program
Part-time Performing Arts Classes for children ages 4-16:
The Premier Program (Ages 4-6 years)
- Classes held every Saturday
- The class is a 90 minute program
- Each student takes a 30 minute acting class, a 30 minute singing class, and a 30 minute dance class
The Company Classes (Ages 6-16 years)
- Held every Saturday for three hours.
- Students are divided into three groups based on their age.
- Each group attends a one hour acting class, a one hour singing class, and a one hour dance class