Southern California Health Institute, Los Angeles:
Take the first step towards a new career as a successful professional in the fields of healthcare or wellness! Located in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, Southern California Health Institute (SOCHi) provides full-time certificate courses and career training in popular career fields, including Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, Advanced Professional Massage Therapy, Physical Therapy Aide / Sports Rehab, and Personal Fitness Trainer / Health & Wellness Professional. Established in 1996, we have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare. Financial aid may be available. We also provide job placement assistance.
• Our mission is to provide quality programs in an environment of scholastic learning to encourage empathetic and compassionate healthcare professionals and therapists, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession and committed to a lifetime of continued learning.
Dedicated & Experienced Faculty:
• The SOCHi faculty is a team of wellness professionals that continue to pave the way for those aspiring to become a part of the health and wellness community.
• The shared philosophy of our faculty is that they are better able to give the gift of therapeutic touch by passing their knowledge to those who are eager to learn.
• Their passion for sharing their experience and knowledge prepares you for a successful career in the field.
• SOCHi is a BPPE (Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education) Approved School, and is nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• In addition, SOCHi is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Student Financial Aid Programs.
• SOCHi is an NCBTMB Approved Continuing Education (CE) Provider, a California Board of Registered Nursing CE Provider, and a California Board of Acupuncture CE Provider.
Established in 1996, we are dedicated to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists.
Our integrated massage therapy, and physical therapy aide/sports rehabilitation curriculum is designed to offer the best of both worlds; a combination of academic rigor and practical application of theory.
• Physical Therapy Aide / Sports Rehabilitation Certificate Program:
38 weeks, full-time, with 185 hours of out-of-class work
This program is our most unique offering and provides you with career training as a physical therapy & sports rehab aide and a massage therapist. The program applies an integrated approach to health and wellness by incorporating medical massage and physical therapy modalities.
After successfully completing this program, you become qualified for the California State Massage Council Professional Massage Therapist Certification and are eligible to sit for the national certification exam for massage therapy offered by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
• Advanced Professional Massage Therapy Certificate Program:
37 weeks, full-time, with 185 hours of out-of-class work
This program provides extensive study in massage theory and application over a diverse range of massage techniques, with a focus on Russian Medical Massage. You will receive advanced training in massage therapy with an integrated approach to health and wellness.
After successfully completing this program, you become qualified for the California State Massage Council Professional Massage Therapist Certification and are eligible to sit for the national certification exam for massage therapy offered by the NCBTMB.
• Medical Assistant Certificate Program:
36 weeks, full-time - includes 150-hour externship
This course is designed to provide students with the entry-level skills and knowledge necessary to become a team member in a medical clinic, medical admin setting, or other health care setting.
Topics in professional development and career preparation are also explored throughout the program.
Graduates receive a membership in the California Medical Assistants Association (CCMA), are eligible to sit the California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants (CCBMA) certification exam.
• Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate Program:
- Full-time course to become a Medical Biller and Coder Specialist in under 9 Months!
- with 150 hour Externship
This 900 Clock Hour course at Southern California Health Institute provides you with training in all areas of medical billing and coding procedures for outpatient settings. Learn the ins and outs of this ever-changing world and how to stay current with the medical reimbursement trends by investing in education with us at Sochi. Hands on experience with electronic health records and billing and coding simulation software will give you the confidence to meet the challenges of medical reimbursement in today's rapidly growing industry.
The program also offers training in anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, the business of a medical office, as well as familiarizing you with all the diagnostic and procedural codes of the CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS and how to use these tools to successfully bill and collect payments for outpatient services. The capstone consists of a 150 hour externship in a professional setting that will prepare you for placement.
Completion of the courses will prepare you for basic entry level work in billing and if you excel there, it may lead you to higher levels of employment available to medical coders.
• Personal Fitness Trainer/Health and Wellness Professional Certificate Program:
45 weeks, full-time
Courses include Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology of Human Movement, Principles of Weight Management, Exercise Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Sports-specific training, Corrective Exercise, Client Assessment and Fitness Program Design, Leadership Skills, Professional Development, First Aid and CPR.
Upon successful graduation from this program, you are prepared for an entry-level career as a personal fitness trainer.
Successful completion of this program provides you certification as a fitness nutrition specialist, weight loss specialist, and lifespan specialist; all provided by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
In addition, we prepare you to sit for voluntary certification exams as a personal fitness trainer and corrective exercise specialist.
We also provide a variety of Continuing Education (CE) workshops & seminars to enhance the therapist’s skill-set. Contact us for more information.
• "I loved my experience at SOCHI. It was very in formative and I left feeling very prepared. The staff was amazing and extremely accommodating to making sure every student succeeded. I loved the balance of practical and classroom knowledge."
• "It was such a personal and fulfilling experience going to SOCHI. The professor's and staff knew me by name and really showed interest in my progress! Loved it!"
• "I chose the physical therapy aid program I ended up with Ms Artika she is an awesome instructor and an amazing person to know. She is very knowledgeable in this field it was a pleasure to learn from her. Keep up the great work guys!"
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 18040 Sherman Way, Los Angeles, California 91335, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.