Southern California Health Institute, San Fernando Valley:
Located in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, Southern California Health Institute (SOCHi) is an accredited school which provides full-time certificate courses in in-demand health and wellness career fields including: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, Professional Massage Therapy, Physical Therapy Aide / Sports Rehab, and Personal Fitness Trainer / Health & Wellness Professional.
Established in 1996, we are dedicated to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists. We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare.
Financial aid may be available. We also provide job placement assistance.
Accreditation & Recognition:
• SOCHi is a BPPE (Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education) Approved School, and is nationally accredited by Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• In addition, SOCHi is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Student Financial Aid Programs.
• SOCHi is a National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) Approved Continuing Education (CE) Provider, a California Board of Registered Nursing CE Provider, and a California Board of Acupuncture CE Provider.
• Advanced Professional Massage Therapy Certificate Program:
37 weeks, full-time, with 185 hours of out-of-class work
This program provides extensive study in massage theory and application over a diverse range of massage techniques, with a focus on Russian Medical Massage.
You will receive advanced training in massage therapy with an integrated approach to health and wellness. After successfully completing this program, you become qualified for the California State Massage Council Professional Massage Therapist Certification and are eligible to sit for the national certification exam for massage therapy offered by the NCBTMB.
• Physical Therapy Aide / Sports Rehabilitation Certificate Program:
38 weeks, full-time, with 185 hours of out-of-class work
This program is our most unique offering and provides you with career training as a physical therapy & sports rehab aide and a massage therapist. The program applies an integrated approach to health and wellness by incorporating medical massage and physical therapy modalities.
After successfully completing this program, you become qualified for the California State Massage Council Professional Massage Therapist Certification and are eligible to sit for the national certification exam for massage therapy offered by the NCBTMB.
• Personal Fitness Trainer/Health and Wellness Professional Program:
45 weeks, full-time
Upon successful graduation from this program, you are prepared for an entry-level career as a personal fitness trainer. Our comprehensive curriculum is based on scientific research, fitness expert experience and is aligned with key critical occupational skills and abilities.
We prepare our students to sit for voluntary certification exams as a personal fitness trainer and corrective exercise specialist. Successful completion of the program also provides you certification as a fitness nutrition specialist, weight loss specialist, and lifespan specialist; all provided by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
• Medical Assistant Certificate Program:
36 weeks, full-time - includes 150-hour externship
This course is designed to provide students with the entry-level skills and knowledge necessary to become a team member in a medical clinic, medical admin setting, or other health care setting.
Upon successful completion of the classroom and laboratory training, students are required to complete 150 hours of externship.
• Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate Program:
36 weeks, 900 Clock Hour, full-time
Designed to provide you with comprehensive training in medical billing and coding procedures for both outpatient and inpatient settings, this program offers training in medical terminology, physiology, anatomy, the business of a medical office, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding, and a capstone session.
In addition, you will receive training and preparation in the following three major areas:
- The Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
- The Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- The Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
Our mission is to provide quality programs in an environment of scholastic learning to encourage empathetic and compassionate therapists, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession and committed to a lifetime of continued learning.
"We are not here merely to make a living. We are here to enrich the world"
- Woodrow Wlson, the 28th President of the United States
The SOCHi Experience:
The SOCHi experience is so much more than what happens in the classroom. You will be a part of a school community which is focused on therapeutic healing through the art of touch.
You will have an opportunity to take part in the community and discover your passions, develop your character and refine your goals. With the assistance of our professional career services team, your experience at the school will lead you on the path to a successful and gratifying career in health and wellness.
Dedicated & Experienced Faculty:
The SOCHi faculty is a team of wellness professionals that continue to pave the way for those aspiring to become a part of the health and wellness community.
The shared philosophy of our faculty is that they are better able to give the gift of therapeutic touch by passing their knowledge to those who are eager to learn. Their passion for sharing their experience and knowledge prepares you for a successful career in the field.
• "My time at SOCHI was incredible. I learned an immense amount, and the faculty was so supportive every step of the way. One of the greatest sources of help, from start to finish, has been Mariam, the head of Career Services. She perfected my resume, helped me find job opportunities while I was a student at the school, and was instrumental in helping me secure my job as an Elite Personal Trainer."
• "Southern California Health Institute was a great kick start for me to get back into school again. They are just as great people as they are teachers and it really shows the moment you sit i a classroom with them."
• "I went to Southern California health institute about a year ago and I just want to recommend this school to anyone that wants to be in the field of massage therapy or physical therapy aid. I love the teachers they have there, they were so helpful and knowing all the the right ways to teach."
• "I attended SOCHI's massage therapy/physical therapy aid program little over a year ago and I loved it. I had ab awesome experience and I was lucky to have great instructors. For me, SOCHI was a great starting point that helped me achieve my goals."
• "I graduated from SOCHI 2 years ago. When I tell you they have the best massage therapy program, I mean it! Best decision I could have made. The instructors were all incredible but the one that stood out the most for me was Ms Arteka."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 18040 Sherman Way, Los Angeles, California 91335, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.