University Canada West, Vancouver BC:
University Canada West (UCW) is a private, business-oriented university in Vancouver which offers MBA and Bachelor degrees that prepare you to be an effective leader in the workplace, including a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree program that will provide you with broad foundation knowledge of contemporary business and its practices. UCW aims to be a leading university in Canada and on a global stage and is known for its diversity (students currently come from over 34 countries around the world), its innovative methods and its effectiveness in preparing motivated students for their professional careers. UCW is located within Vancouver’s business district, and many of the world’s biggest companies have offices within walking distance of our downtown campus.
The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) will provide you with broad foundation knowledge of contemporary business and its practices. Based in Vancouver, Canada, this ACBSP-accredited degree prepares you for a successful career in business or management, where you will contribute constructively to a global economy.
Why Bachelor of Commerce?
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of contemporary business practices across all areas of business management, providing you with an excellent foundation to launch your business career.
• Learn to conduct business in a multicultural environment, spanning countless international borders and working cross-culturally in today’s global economy.
• Use interdisciplinary approaches to solve problems and create new business opportunities.
• Use critical thinking to analyze and interpret information to make informed decisions.
The courses are designed to provide a breadth of business perspective and skills, building your core skills in writing, research, and team performance.
Tier 1 University Foundation
Tier 1 courses are your entry into the BCom program. They establish the basic university skills of research and writing whilst introducing you to the knowledge needed for each program. The instructors of these courses know they are your entry point and work hard on all the basics to ensure you successfully complete your degree.
• Principles of Accounting
• Introduction to Business
• Mass Media & Society
• Science elective
• Principles of Microeconomics
• Principles of Macroeconomics
• Moral Philosophy
• Academic Writing
• Contemporary Literature
• Foundation Mathematics
Tier 1 Bachelor of Commerce students must take one Science 100 elective.
Tier 2 Disciplinary Foundation
Our Tier 2 courses are more advanced than the level of study during Tier 1. Expect to find the standards more rigorous and work more intense. These courses are taken concurrently with your Tier 3 courses.
• Business Environment
• Information Systems for Managers
• Communications Theory
• Writing for Specific Audiences
• Organizational Behaviour
• Marketing Management
Tier 2 BCom students are also required to take THREE electives from the Tier 2 elective pool.
Tier 3 Disciplinary Applications
Tier 3 courses develop your core skills and understanding of business. Taught by instructors who are both experts in their fields and experienced professionals, you will acquire the knowledge necessary to make you an excellent practitioner in the world of commerce.
• Managerial Accounting
• Business Law
• Professional Communications
• Research Methodology
• Human Resource Management
• Operations Management
Tier 3 BCom students are also required to take THREE electives from the Tier 3 and Tier 4 elective pool.
Tier 4 Integrative Applications
Tier 4 courses are the final step in your program. They provide the opportunity to integrate and refine your knowledge. You will complete your program alongside your GRES 400/401 research project. This final six credit course allows you to put your energies into a project of your choice that highlights the depth of your education.
• Strategy and Decision Making
• Business Capstone 1
• Business Capstone 2
Tier 4 BCom students are also required to take SEVEN electives from the Tier 3 and Tier 4 elective pool, TWO of which must be 400 level management courses.
• University Canada West online programs offer you a high level of flexibility, allowing you to balance your studies with work or family commitments.
• Our learning environment is dynamic, and our classes are small and that gives you the opportunity to get to know your classmates and your professors, who have the first-hand industry experience to help you succeed in your future career.
• Benefit from a wide range of top quality online resources, including video lectures, online discussions and one-to-one time with your lecturer.
• This mode of study is perfect for individuals who want to improve their skills without compromising their busy schedules or who cannot attend campus.
• Experienced Faculty: Our faculty members are available to provide you with case studies, a context for your study, stories about their time on the job that will help you build a full understanding of the industry you wish to enter.
“I love the flexibility of the online classes, as well as the structure of the weekly course load and due dates. I was able to complete my school work around my work, family and social life.”
Megan Clifton, 2017 Medal for Academic Excellence recipient (BCom)
|See Also: - Our Website Page|
|Address: West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 1V9, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.