Language Studies Indonesia, Jakarta:
Language Studies Indonesia (LSI) is a government-accredited school in Jakarta that provides short Indonesian language immersion programs / educational vacation packages in summer and year-round to individuals and private groups from around the world. Whether you are at beginner, intermediate, or advanced level, you can choose an Indonesian language-only package (which does not include a cultural component) or you can opt for an Indonesian Language and Culture Package (which combines language study with cultural activities and excursions). All of our Indonesian immersion programs / vacation packages include luxurious homestay accommodation in the Pesona Guest House in Jakarta. LSI invites you to come to Indonesia and truly 'live the language'!
Offered in summer & year-round
2-week / 3-week / 4-week options:
• Indonesian Language-Only Packages (with no cultural component)
• Indonesian Language and Culture Packages (combining Language Study with Cultural Activities / Excursions)
• Luxurious homestay accommodation in the Pesona Guest House
• One-to-one Indonesian language tutoring for individuals or private groups
• Cultural activities include Indonesian Batik-Making Classes and Indonesian Cooking Classes
• Airport Transfer to and from Jakarta's International Airport
• Full Meal Plan - Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
• Unlimited Laundry Service
• Excursions (as applicable depending on your choice of package) include: Full-Day Jakarta Excursions; Full-Day Excursion to Bogor; Botanical Gardens (Island of Java); Two-Day West Java Excursion (Island of Java); Three-Day Orangutan Riverboat Cruise (Island of Borneo)
• Transportation to venues (as applicable)
• Domestic flight to the island of Borneo (as applicable)
Other Indonesian Classes available in summer & year-round:
• Private Indonesian lessons (for 1-4 learners) with one dedicated instructor. 6 course levels - from absolute beginner to advanced
• Study Indonesian in Jakarta at one of our schools, or at your home, office or guest house
• Customized corporate and individual training programs
• Study Indonesian online via Skype with a Jakarta-based tutor
• Regardless of the Indonesian immersion package you choose, our primary objective is to provide you with the necessary "contexts" to use Bahasa Indonesia on a daily basis, and to attempt to keep you "in Bahasa Indonesia" for the duration of your stay.
• If you undertake the Language and Culture Program, we will also aim to provide you with a better understanding of the culture and people of Indonesia, and, hopefully, have you return home having acquired memories, friendships and influences which will impact your life forever.
• You will study at the LSI Language Centre in South Jakarta. Situated in a large converted house in a quiet residential neighborhood, our centre provides an ideally serene environment for language study.
• Having none of the qualities of a "School" and all of the qualities of a "home," our language centre offers a friendly, family-like atmosphere which fosters genuine communication in Bahasa Indonesia.
• In all of our Indonesian Language Immersion Programs / Vacation Packages, the Indonesian language training is delivered through private tutoring. At LSI, we believe that this is the most effective way to improve your Indonesian and reach your learning goals in the shortest time.
• LSI’s world-class teaching faculty is comprised wholly of university-accredited language instructors with extensive experience. Among the ranks are former university professors, writers, editors, linguists, interpreters, translators, curricula specialists, and many former school teachers from Indonesia’s international school community.
• All LSI teachers are native Indonesian, and all are fully trilingual, speaking English, an Indonesian local language, and the national language - Bahasa Indonesia.
• LSI is a unique Department of Education School, licensed by the Indonesian government to provide specialised certificate courses in Bahasa Indonesia, in accordance with the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and the Indonesian Education Code.
• Recognised as Indonesia's leading institution for the study of Bahasa Indonesia, LSI was awarded, in 2015, 2016 and 2017, the distinction of Best Education Program Of The Year by Indonesia's Minister of Education and the Minster of Higher Education, so you can be assured that you are receiving top-quality language education.
• Students on our Indonesian Language Immersion Programs / Vacation Packages may stay at LSI's official guest house, the luxurious Pesona Guest Houst Jakarta.
• Located just 2 city blocks from the LSI Language Centre, this exquisite guest house is one of the world's truly unique lodgings. It offers students a "homestay" experience, while providing a level of quality and service comparable to a five-star hotel.
• The owners Ibu Nana (a native Indonesian) and her husband, Pak Mel (Canadian) genuinely enjoy hosting foreign students and welcome you into an extremely social atmosphere.
• The language spoken in the home is Bahasa Indonesia, allowing you to practice and improve your new language skills. However, Pak Mel is a well-educated and well-informed native-English speaker, and his presence always serves as an excellent "bridge" between "east and west".
• Decorated with fine Indonesian and European furnishings, PESONA's amenities include a grand piano and a picturesque swimming pool surrounded by groomed trees and lovely outdoor seating areas.
• A large circular staircase leads up to three finely-appointed, air-conditioned guest rooms on the second floor, each with a high-quality queen-sized bed and luxurious linens.
• Two of the rooms have direct access to a second-level terrace overlooking the neighborhood. The third room steps out to its own private balcony.
• Each guest room has a locking door, a full ensuite bathroom with shower and plenty of hot water, a small refrigerator, a safe deposit box, cable television and WiFi access.
• Complimentary guest house facilities include the swimming pool, a treadmill, a computer station with internet connection, a large-screen television with DVD player, a huge DVD library, and parking for three cars.
• "If one is interested in learning Bahasa Indonesia well, LSI is definitely the best place I have found in Jakarta...It is the only place I have found with the capacity to cover both the needs of casual learners as well as the needs of more serious students."
• "I have gone from knowing not a single word in Bahasa, to being able to have steady conversations with my friends, coworkers, and colleagues in a short time. I have learned so much from LSI. Thank you!"
• "I would like to congratulate and thank Ibu Nurmala for her job with me. I really have learned a lot and would like LSI to know. For now, I'm going back to spent the summer in my country, and I will be back in September to continue the course. Thanks again for your service!"
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Komplek MPR, Jalan Melati, Nomor C62, Cilandak Barat, Jakarta Selatan 12430, Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.