Kaplan International New York - SoHo, Lower Manhattan:
Kaplan International's SoHo English school offers a comprehensive range of English courses in New York, in the heart of Manhattan, just a block north of New York’s hip SoHo district. Ideal for students of all levels, you will improve your English quickly and effectively with our English courses in New York. Enroll with Kaplan International in the friendly and vibrant atmosphere of the SoHo and begin your journey to personal, academic and career success. Our two English language schools in New York are accredited by ACCET, and citizens of 83 countries attended our SoHo ESL school last year.
Each of our English courses in New York has a special focus, allowing you to direct your studies to suit your particular language needs. Short term to long term, vacation to intensive English, you will find a range of English courses in New York with Kaplan International.
• General English course (20 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Intensive English course (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Business English course (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Intensive Business English course (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Vacation English course (20 classes/week)
• TOEFL and Academic English course (20 classes + 15 structured study sessions/week)
• General English Academic Semester/Year (20/24/32 weeks)
• Intensive English Academic Semester/Year (20/24/32 weeks)
• Cambridge FCE Exam preparation course (2-10 weeks)
• Cambridge CAE Intensive Exam preparation course (2-10 weeks, 28 classes + 7 specialized study sessions/week)
• GMAT preparation (20 lessons of GMAT prep & 50+ structured study sessions total)
• GRE preparation (8 lessons of GRE prep & 50+ structured study sessions total)
• ”America gives opportunities that we do not have in Italy: finding a good job, living in a clean and organized environment. I want a good score to get into a good university. People tell me I improved all the time.”
• ”It is very good to live with a family! It helped a lot to improve my language, and you learn the country ‘from the inside’. The family was very friendly and make an amazing breakfast for you every morning.”
• ”New York City gathers people from many counties around the world. NYC is like a small world on the earth. I can communicate with native American people fluently. Not only did they understand my point, but they also complimented my formal English.”
Live with native English speakers or other international students while taking English courses in New York. We provide a Homestay program, and Student residences.
Learn more about our English courses in New York.
How long is a class?
A standard class at Kaplan International is 45 minutes in length.
Will my classes be in the morning or afternoon?
This depends on the location of your school and the time of year – many of the schools run classes in the morning and afternoon so be prepared for this.
However, once we have set your course schedule we will aim to keep it the same for some time as many students have a part time job. Remember though, that your courses and school work must come first and any paid work must be scheduled around this.
Do I have to buy my course books?
All study materials for use in class and for structured study will be provided but these resources are usually loaned and have to be returned on the final day of the program.
If I have question about my course, whom can I ask?
You can contact the Director of Studies, the Academic Manager or academic team of teachers at your New York English school.
You will also have a specific teacher or tutor assigned to your course, and the teacher will be able to answer specific questions about your classes and activities, while the course tutor will be able to answer questions on your course and will monitor your progress and attendance on a weekly basis.
What teaching method is used in your classes?
At Kaplan International, we use a communicative teaching method. Teachers always try to get everybody involved in conversation and we also make sure all the four skills (writing, speaking, listening and reading) will improve thoroughly.
What is Structured Study?
On many of our courses, Structured Study is offered in addition to the face-to-face teacher-led lessons described above.
Structured Study allows students to customise their own program by participating in a menu of study options, including online and offline language activities, study clubs, talks, lectures and project work.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 623 Broadway, New York City, New York 10012, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.