Thompson Rivers University:
Thompson Rivers University (TRU) is one of the leading distance education providers in Canada. We provide online independent-study programs and courses for students to earn recognized credits and credentials by distance learning through Thompson Rivers University, Open Learning (TRU-OL).
- TRU aims to offer as many opportunities as possible so that learners can complete university diploma and degree programs in a way and time frame suited to their lifestyles and livelihoods, whether they need just one more credit or an entire program.
- Prioritizing customer service, ensuring academic integrity and setting a high standard for quality products across the curriculum, TRU-OL strives to make all levels of post-secondary education available at a time, place and delivery modality convenient to the learner and actively focus on being customer-oriented and student-centred from inquiry through graduation.
- Co-operative arrangements with other educational institutions, community organizations, industry, business, and professional associations provide students with choices in earning recognized credentials.
Distance learning (certificate, diploma, or degree) programs include:
- Adult Basic Education Programs
- Arts Programs
- Business and Management Studies Programs
- Education Programs
- General Studies Programs
- Health and Human Services Programs
- Science Programs
- Technology Programs
- Tourism Programs
- Transfer, Continuing Studies, Extension Programs
Students who complete a TRU certificate, diploma or degree program through Open Learning will receive a TRU credential that is fully recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC), of which TRU is a member.
- Paced Courses
Some courses delivered by TRU-OL are offered as paced where a group of students works through the course together. Paced courses have specific start and end dates.
Students start the course on the same date, submit assignments (and project examinations when appropriate) by specific due dates, and write their final examination at a pre-determined session. Extensions are limited and granted only in exceptional circumstances. Labs are not eligible for extensions.
- Independent Study
TRU-OL distance courses are offered as independent-study courses. Students complete courses by studying on their own and receive instructional support from highly qualified Open Learning Faculty members.
Students can communicate with their Open Learning Faculty member by email, phone, or regular mail for print courses and also by electronic conference for most web courses.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Box 3010, 900 McGill Road, Kamloops, BC, V2C 5N3, Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.