Sol Schools Toronto:
Located in Toronto, Canada's largest city and one of the world's most desirable places to live, Sol Schools Toronto took its first registration in 1996. The school's founding philosophy was to offer high quality English programs in a warm and comfortable atmosphere for students from around the world. Sol Schools Toronto offers a range of English courses including General English, Business English and exam preparation for the TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC and Cambridge FCE / CAE exams. Private English lessons are also available. With a maximum class size of 12, innovative instructors, a full calendar of activities and the safety and comforts offered in Toronto, you are sure to have the time of your life at Sol Schools Toronto!
English Courses offered at Sol Schools Toronto include:
General English Programs:
General English Classes are our most popular program with over 2,000 students enrolling each year. You will study English at our downtown campus in the historic Blake Mansion. We provide small class sizes (max. 12 students) to ensure that each student gets the attention they need to succeed. We offer four scheduling options:
1. Semi-Intensive Program (20 classes per week)
2. Semi-Intensive Plus Program (25 classes per week)
3. Specialized Intensive Program (30 classes per week)
4. Power English (35 classes per week)
The Specialized Intensive Program is the best choice for students who want to accelerate their learning. All programs offer the same core curriculum which focuses on Grammar & Idioms, Listening & Speaking, Reading & Vocabulary, Writing & Presentation. Students enrolled in the Specialized Intensive Program are able to choose two additional elective courses such as Targeted English, American Work Culture, Accent Reduction, Journalism, Conversation & Pronunciation, Slang & Idioms or Business English. The Power English program includes the core curriculum, two additional elective courses and an English on Demand which allows you to create your own English program with your instructor that focuses on the language skills and topics of your choice.
Exam Preparation Courses include:
TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language:
Recognized by universities, colleges and businesses worldwide, successful completion of the new TOEFL iBT can help you achieve your professional and academic goals. Our TOEFL preparation course focuses on reading, listening, speaking and writing. It is offered full-time all year round and part-time on select dates. You can also choose TOEFL preparation as your two study electives in the Specialized Intensive Program or the Power English Program. The average length of study for a TOEFL course is 2 months.
Frequent practice tests will measure your progress and ensure you are comfortable with the format and timing of the examination. Using the latest material and technology in a small class setting, this program will give you the tools and confidence necessary to achieve your goals. Once you have completed the preparation course, you will be awarded the Sol Schools International certificate.
TOEIC - Test of English for International Communication:
TOEIC is a standardized English proficiency test for speakers of English as a second language. The test aims to indicate how well a person can communicate in English in a business or workplace environment. To take our TOEIC preparation course, you must register for the Specialized Intensive Program or the Power English Program and select TOEIC preparation as your two study electives. The course will help you build the listening and reading comprehension skills needed for achieving a high score. You will learn strategies for increasing your vocabulary and answering multiple-choice questions.
Cambridge Exam Preparation:
Our 10-week First Certificate in English (FCE) and Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) preparation courses will prepare you for all 5 parts of the exam: 1. Reading 2. Writing 3. Listening 4. Speaking 5. Use of English (grammar and vocabulary)
- First Certificate in English (FCE) is an internationally recognized upper intermediate-level exam developed by the University of Cambridge. It is designed for learners who want to use English for work or study purposes. Successful candidates will have a strong vocabulary and possess sufficent proficiency in English to operate effectively in clearical, secretarial and managerial jobs. FCE is recognized by many universities as proof of intermediate level English skills and can be used to satisfy university entrance requirements.
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) is an internationally recognized advanced-level exam developed by the University of Cambridge. Designed for students who want to use English for work or study purposes, CAE is recognized by many universities as proof of advanced-level English skills and can be used to satisfy university entrance requirements. Successful candidates are able to use English effectively and perform confidently in social and professional situations, and in higher education.
IELTS Exam Preparation:The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is used to assess your overall English language abilities. It is frequently used by educational institutions, government agencies and employers. Our IELTS test preparation course is offered all year round as part of our Specialized Intensive English and Power English programs. The aim of this program is to help you become familiar with the IELTS testing format and help you to increase your test score. The course is also ideal for anyone wanting to strengthen all four language skills.
Business English Course:
This course is a requirement for the Professional Internship Program and the Study & Work Programs and is specifically designed to help you to gain a working command of the English language quickly and efficiently. You will participate in 30 lessons per week. In lower levels the course focuses on getting you ready to work in the retail and hospitality industries using the English language. In higher levels the course will enhance your English skills beyond the textbook and general ESL through real world business related discussions, case studies and topics. You will study a variety of topics related to national and international business settings with experienced instructors in an intensive format that integrates all skills.
Private One-To-One Tutorial Classes / Semi-Private Tutorial Classes:
Private and Semi-Private (groups of two or more) Tutorials are offered covering a wide range of topics with great flexibility. You can arrange for regular ESL Tutorials or Executive English Tutorials. Your teacher will work with you to customize your lessons. You can even combine this program with other Sol Schools Toronto programs.
Professional Internship / Work & Study / Work & Travel Programs:
As a Sol Schools Toronto student, you have three options for gaining valuable work experience in Canada:
- Internship: For students with a professional background and at least a high-intermediate level of English, we offer a Professional Internship Placement. Based on your work experience and education, we will place you in one of our large networks of local businesses. You will learn from the experts, practice your English with native speakers, learn industry-related jargon, and gain the experience and confidence you will need for future jobs in your field.
- Work & Study: The Work & Study Program is the ultimate way to work and improve your English skills in paid positions in major cities or resort towns across Canada. Positions are offered in hotels, resorts, and a variety of retail stores and restaurants in cities or other popular tourist destinations across Canada. Although the positions offered are paid, they are not industry specific and of the same calibre as positions offered in the Professional Internship Program. The quality and level of your placement is heavily dependent on your language skills and past work experience.
- Work & Travel: If you want to gain work experience in Canada while also seeing the country, this is the perfect program for you! It will allow you to gain an income while learning the culture and language. The main difference between this program and the Work and Study program is that students wanting to take part in this program MUST already posses an appropriate visa that will allow them to work in Canada. All candidates are required to study at Sol Schools International for a minimum period of 4 weeks. Upon completion of your studies, you will be placed in a paid position.
Sol Schools Toronto Summer Teenage Adventure Program (TAP) & Children's Adventure Program (CAP):
CAP is a unique program designed specifically for students between the ages of 7-13 (inclusive), and TAP is a unique program designed specifically for students between the ages of 14-17 (inclusive). These programs combine English classes with fun excursions and social activities, which makes it the perfect choice for holiday students. Students will spend the mornings in an intensive English program with our dedicated and experienced team of English teachers. In the afternoons, evenings and on weekends, students will have the opportunity to participate in sightseeing excursions, educational outings and sports activities that are arranged and supervised by our energetic staff of activity counselors.
All Junior Programs are designed to provide students with a unique learning opportunity. Students are encouraged to learn independent decision making and take part in life-skill development normally not offered to them in their regular school curriculum. The Summer Adventure Programs are an opportunity of a lifetime for students to learn English, gain valuable social skills and enrich their cultural understanding through interaction in a multicultural setting.
TESL Canada certified intensive ESL teacher training:
To meet the needs of our students, we offer three great teacher training programs that will qualify you to teach English, whether you are planning to do so in your home country or in Canada or travel the world and teach.
- Sol Schools Toronto offers a TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Diploma program, certified by TESL Canada, for those with English as their native language or those with a high level of proficiency of the English Language. The Program requires students to have a university degree in addition to the application process required by Sol Schools Toronto. This course can be taken on full-time (4 weeks) or on a part-time basis (11 weeks).
- Sol Schools Toronto offers the Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) Program, which is an excellent choice for those who are looking to teach in Europe or the Middle East, although this certification can be used worldwide. Our CELTA program meets the TESL Canada requirements, allowing you to also teach at home. It is taught on a part-time basis over 11 weeks.
- Sol Schools Toronto offers a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate, which is a one-week introductory ESL course designed to equip new teachers with the skills necessary to survive in the classroom for those who do not need to/are unable to commit to a full CELTA, TESL or TESOL course (or would like to see what it is like first). Unlike most introductory courses, the Sol Schools Toronto TEFL Certificate includes observed teaching practice and is delivered over 5 days totalling 30 actual classroom hours.
Other learning options available include:
- English Language Homestay with a Toronto family
- In-Company language training
- Family English Programs
- Year-round English Programs
- Custom Built English Courses designed specifically for your needs (English on Demand)
For further information on our English language courses in Toronto, please email us via our Contact Us page.
|Address: 469 Jarvis Street, Toronto, Ontario , Canada|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.