Kaplan International San Francisco:
Kaplan International’s two English language schools in San Francisco are located in the heart of downtown San Francisco and the vibrant academic city of Berkeley (north of Oakland). Choose from our comprehensive range of language courses and accommodation options and enjoy a superb location in San Francisco or the ultimate student lifestyle in Berkeley. Both of our English language schools in San Francisco are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET), and students from 69 countries attended our San Francisco ESL schools last year.
• San Francisco is a sophisticated, cosmopolitan city with attractive Victorian mansions, spectacular views and fascinating areas such as Silicon Valley and Pacific Heights.
• This lively and open-minded city is very popular with both tourists and international language students.
• Our San Francisco English language schools have a friendly atmosphere with a fantastic international mix of students. Both schools offer great weekly social activities.
Downtown San Francisco:
Our San Francisco English language school is next to fashionable Union Square, the financial district and downtown shops. It has a lovely rooftop terrace.
Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay’s east shore:
Our Berkeley English language school is just 2 blocks from the famous University of California Berkeley, in northern Alameda County CA.
Whether you are just starting your English studies or are already an advanced student, and whether you are looking for an intensive or part-time course, you can surely find something to suit your needs at our San Francisco English language schools.
Each course has a special focus, and you can further personalize your course through electives and Supplementary Structured Study sessions to meet your particular language goals.
• General English (20 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Intensive English (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Business English (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Vacation English (20 classes/week)
• TOEFL and Academic English (20 classes + 15 structured study sessions/week)
• General English Academic Semester/Year (20/24/32 weeks)
• Intensive English Academic Semester/Year (20/24/32 weeks)
• Summer English Camp for Teens (in Berkeley only)
Our English language schools in San Francisco offer courses to prepare international students for challenging tests, using the exclusive teaching materials and unique curriculum developed by Kaplan.
• GRE preparation (Downtown & Berkeley)
• GMAT preparation (Downtown & Berkeley)
• General Cambridge Exam preparation (Downtown only)
• Cambridge FCE Exam prep (Downtown only)
• Cambridge CAE Intensive Exam prep (Downtown only)
We will find you a ‘home away from home’ so you can concentrate on your studies at our English language schools in San Francisco. Choose from a variety of homestays and five student residences in San Francisco and Berkeley.
Read through the list of Frequently Asked Questions from students at our English language schools in San Francisco.
What will I do on my first day?
At both our San Francisco schools, students take a Kaplan International English test, meet the school staff and have an introduction to the school, facilities, courses and the local area. You will receive an individual timetable later in the day and your classes begin on the following day.
Do I have to buy my course books?
All study materials for use in class and for structured study will be provided but these resources are usually loaned and have to be returned on the final day of the program.
If you wish to purchase books you can do so at one of our San Francisco language schools or at a local book shop.
How much can I expect to learn after a 2-week, 4-week, or 12-week course?
Every student’s speed of learning is different; however we usually estimate that to get from one level to the next a student will need approximately 10 weeks.
Do you have private tutors and how much do they cost?
Yes, we offer one-to-one lessons at both of our language schools in San Francisco.
Do I get a certificate or diploma after the course?
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of your course, which will show your level of English, the dates on which you have studied, as well as your attendance.
• ”I have to say that I love everything about Kaplan Berkeley; the friendly staff, the perfect location, the modern classrooms, and all the interesting activities. I will bring back the best moments of my life with me.”
• ”I want to study English very systematically. That’s what I chose Kaplan. It has a great system which helps me understand English grammar, vocabulary and reading. I think that all teachers and staff in Berkeley Kaplan are very capable. That is why I think my school is the best.”
• ”People in San Francisco are open and friendly to foreigners. Volunteer work is my favorite social activity because I could meet many good people.”
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 149 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco, California 94105, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.