Kaplan International Chicago:
Kaplan International's English language school in Chicago is located on the Magnificent Mile in the heart of the city. We provide quality English language courses at beginner to advanced levels to students from around the world. Our English school offers a range of courses, university placement services and accommodation options, and is accredited by ACCET. Citizens of 75 countries attended our Chicago ESL school last year.
• Modern school on the Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago
• Our downtown Chicago English language school has easy access to all of Chicago’s attractions
ESL English Courses:
Whatever your English level (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced), we can provide you with the right course to meet your needs at our English language school in Chicago. You can further personalize your course through electives and supplementary study to match your particular language goals.
• General English (20 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• Intensive English (28 classes + 7 structured study sessions/week)
• TOEFL and Academic English (20 classes + 15 structured study sessions/week)
• Vacation English (20 classes/week)
• General English Academic Semester/Year (20/24/32 weeks)
• Intensive English Academic Semester/Year (20/24/32 weeks)
At Kaplan Chicago language schools, we are experts in preparing international students for the GRE and GMAT and our exclusive course materials will help you achieve the best results possible.
• GMAT preparation (20 lessons of GMAT prep & 50+ structured study sessions)
• GRE preparation (8 lessons of GRE prep & 50+ structured study sessions)
We understand that your home is an integral part of your experience abroad, so we take care to find the right accommodation option in Chicago for you.
We offer homestay and student residence accommodation, including residences on the campus of IIT and the University of Chicago.
• ”Kaplan’s books are very simple to understand and very helpful. The smart boards have made the lessons better because it’s more simple to use interactive materials.”
• “Kaplan has helped me to improve my English and I can talk more fluidly now. It feels easier to follow a conversation with anyone. I plan to use my English skills in the future at work and when travelling.”
• “In my opinion the best thing about the teachers is how they make their classes with games and interesting things. My experience with the Kaplan books is great and they are perfect to enhance my English. I describe my Kaplan Experience like one of the best things in my life.”
• “Everything about the school is awesome. The teachers have a good way to teach, the books are very helpful, the clubs improve our communication skills and the interactive whiteboards support the lessons with many helpful features such as video, images, email, etc.
What will I do on my first day?
All students take a Kaplan International English test, meet the school staff and have an introduction to the school, facilities, courses and the local area.
You will receive an individual timetable later in the day and your classes begin on the following day. Remember, if you have questions feel free to ask! The school staff is there to help, especially on your first day.
Will my lessons be in the morning or afternoon?
This depends on the location of your school and time of year – many of the schools run classes in the morning and afternoon so be prepared for this.
However, once we have set your lesson schedule we will aim to keep it the same for some time as some students have a part time job.
Remember though, that your lessons and school work must come first and any paid work must be scheduled around this.
Do I have to buy my course books?
All study materials for use in class and for structured study will be provided but these resources are usually loaned and have to be returned on the final day of the program. If you wish to purchase books you can do so in school or at a local book shop.
Can I have a holiday?
Holiday breaks depend on your visa regulations and you must give the schools at least one month’s notice if you want to take a holiday. The long-term English courses (Academic Year or Academic Semester) have set holiday dates, which must be followed.
Therefore, you should check them when you book your course so you can plan ahead and not take holiday outside these published dates. All schools are closed on public holidays like Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Contact us to learn more about our English language schools in Chicago.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 444 N. Michigan Avenue, Mezanine Level, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.