New York Language Center:
Founded in 1985, New York Language Center (NYLC) is an English language school with four locations - in Upper West Side Manhattan, Midtown Manhattan, Jackson Heights in Queens, and The Bronx. We provide unparalleled English language instruction to international students of all levels - beginner, intermediate & advanced, and thousands of students from over 100 countries have learned English at NYLC. We offer Intensive English, TOEFL exam preparation and Business English classes designed to fit your individual needs. We have classes on weekday mornings, afternoons, evenings & weekends, depending on the location. You may study with us for as little as one week or as long as one full year.
For beginner to advanced level. Courses vary by location.
• Intensive English Program (ILP) - 20 hours per week
• Evening Intensive Language Program- 20 hours per week
• Semi-intensive ESL program - 16 hours per week
• TOEFL preparation & pre-TOEFL prep courses
• Private English lessons with flexible scheduling
• Part-time ESL programs (Day & evening classes)
• Weekend English classes on Saturdays (4 hours)
• Everyday English program - 8 hours per week
• Business English classes
• Explore New York City - An ESL writing course
Before beginning a course at New York Language Center, you will take an oral and a written placement test to determine your level. You will also be given midterm and final exams in each class, which will help monitor your progress and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
ESL Programs for Juniors - Summer & Year-Round:
• English courses for small groups of 10-15 juniors / teenagers from educational tour agents.
• English courses for individual juniors / teenagers accompanied by a guardian in NY.
Upon course completion, you will receive a Certificate that you'll be proud to present as evidence of your accomplishments.
Upon completion of individual levels, you can also receive a letter of completion.
• New York Language Center schools in NYLC, in Midtown, Upper West Side, and Jackson Heights in Queens are accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
• NYLC is certified as an English Language School by the New York State Education Department.
• It is also authorized by the U.S. Department of Immigration to enroll non-immigrant foreign students (Once you receive the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility from NYLC, you must apply to the U.S. government for an F-1 Student Visa. Visas are available from the United States Embassy or Consulate in your home country).
Highly Experienced & Qualified Teachers:
• We require that our instructors meet and surpass the rigorous standards of the New York State Education Department.
• All of our instructors are highly experienced, and each must complete a thorough orientation prior to teaching with NYLC. Additionally, instructors are observed at least bi-weekly by a supervisor to ensure their effectiveness.
• Each year, we help thousands of students from over 100 countries not only learn English, but live English. So strong is our reputation that word-of-mouth is our most effective advertisement.
• We have developed our own teaching materials with you, the student, in mind. Unlike other English programs, we provide you with all books and materials at no additional charge.
• We use an eclectic teaching approach, and draw from the latest techniques in ESL instruction. Our curriculum emphasizes real-life situations, and all of our programs include speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will begin speaking English from the very first day of class!
• 4 convenient locations throughout New York City. You will have your choice of where to study. Transportation to any of our branches via subway or bus is safe, quick, and efficient.
• Affordable Cost: New York Language Center's prices are among the most competitive in the New York area. Quality education, however, is never compromised.
• Convenient Schedules: New York Language Center offers classes seven days a week. We are open 8am - 10pm Monday through Friday, with special hours on Saturday and Sunday. Certainly, you will find a schedule that fits your needs. New classes begin each week, so you'll never wait long to begin your English classes.
• Whether you're looking for a rich cultural experience or superior language education, our affordable and convenient courses make NYLC the ideal choice for your language education.
• "Definitely, I couldn’t have chosen any better option than NYLC for my English studies. It's not just for the fun time you can have there. It's for the people you meet there. NYLC combine a great study methods with a patient and committed team of teachers who become your friends. Important part of this awesome and unique experience that is study in the capital of the world.
The city is simply amazing: the streets, the multicultural society, music on the subway, buildings, Broadway and its colors, In short, endless possibilities. Before study in NYLC, I only wrote words in English, now I even can write long testimonials in English!"
• "We have been in NYC for 4 weeks. We enjoyed this experience and we would like to come back in the future if we can. It is a good school, we're so happy with our English lessons and the teachers and all the staff are really nice.
We have met a lot of friends and we have visited so many places in New York City. Also we went to Niagara Falls, Washington and Philadelphia, too. It was awesome! Thanks for everything."
Cristina and Neus, Spain
• "Since I arrived in NY I enjoyed it all, but what I most like is the parks and lifestyle in NY. I learned so much English, about the culture there, and interesting places.
I love NY, it's impossible you don't like the city, you can find everything there. I loved the school, the staff are very helpful, and i learned a lot. I made good friends from all the world, it's really a great experience."
• "Excellent school!! I have been a whole year here and it was an amazing experience. I studied with people from many different countries and I improved my English school really fast."
Omar, student at Jackson Heights in Queens
• "This school was very good for me.. The teachers are so good.. :)"
• "It has been such a great time learning with all this new frendly and egor for knowledge peolple that I can not wait to come back. Wish you all the luck."
LETICIA, student at Jackson Heights in Queens
• "Hola!! gracias a la beca MEC he podido difrutar esta experiencia por New York que ha sido increible. Me ha encantado la gente y su amabilidad. Tambien me voy aprendiendo un poquito de ingles. Saludos."
Marta Maria, Spain
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 226 W. 37th Street, 11th Fl. (near 7th Avenue), New York City, New York , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.