AMADEUS International School, Vienna:
AMADEUS International School Vienna, the first international boarding school in Vienna, Austria provides private, K-12 day and boarding programmes (from Grade 6) for students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. Our school and on-campus boarding facilities are situated in the beautiful 18th district of Vienna, in a secure, enclosed environment that warmly welcomes students regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion or physical ability. We strive to deliver the finest academic school programme, which is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum for primary and secondary school education.
- Preparing Students for the Future
Graduates of AMADEUS will be well prepared for entrance into the finest universities, colleges, and music conservatories in Austria, Europe, the US, and throughout the world. Students will be fully prepared for any professional pursuit they desire, even if they decide to opt for a non-musical career.
- Community Participation
One key element of character development is the school’s focus on the 5 core values of respect, integrity, good deeds, hard work and team spirit. Through active participation in a multicultural, international school community in Vienna, Austria, students contribute meaningfully to their local, national, and global communities.
- Instruction through English
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme
- Standard-level High School Diploma Programme
- Highly qualified international school teachers
- Intensive classical musical training for all students
Primary School Programme:
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary / Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule).
Secondary School (Middle/High School) Programme:
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Middle/High School Grades 5 to 10, with a boarding option for students from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Our curriculum, in English, provides two study pathways and career preparation options:
Track 1 - Academic Professional: IB Middle Years Programme and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, with AMADEUS Music Academy classes, for students pursuing a career outside of music but who see music training as an integral part of their education and character building.
Track 2 - Music Professional: Middle Years & intensive music training at the AMADEUS Music Academy + Standard-level High School Diploma Programme & Professional Music Career preparation.
Students who choose the professional music career path may also choose a fully accredited, standard-level High School diploma programme that allows them more time to prepare their musical training. AMADEUS Vienna prepares them to become leaders and global citizens in any chosen career, in music or otherwise.
Mandatory for all students, The AMADEUS Music Academy offers intensive music training program streamlined with the school's curriculum. Primary School students receive one class per week (45min) of individual music or ballet training, which is included in their daily school schedule. Secondary School students receive intensive music training after class daily taught by world -class musicians. Each student has his or her individualized training programme determined by the Director of AMADEUS Music Academy based on his or her ability.
Our Music Academy programme is based on vocal and instrumental training with some of the most prestigous teachers in Vienna, including members of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and The Vienna Boys Choir.
While supporting our students’ maturation as musicians, AMADEUS Vienna prepares them to become leaders and global citizens in any chosen career, music or otherwise. Master classes in voice, instrumental music and ballet are offered throughout the year.
- Day boarding and Full boarding are available; weekly boarding is possible upon request.
- Our convenient location provides easy access to public transportation to the city centre.
- Our modern, purpose-built boarding facilities are available for students from around the world from Grade 6 upwards. Each floor of the boarding facility in the school has a housemaster or mistress, as well as a complement of full-time staff and day tutors who are also members of the faculty.
- All of our premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards. Our boarding apartments are designed for two students and our apartments have an average size of 22 m². This includes shower room, toilet, cupboard, working desks, large window which let in natural light and offer a view of our surrounding green park.
- Not interrupting the school life, parents visits are possible during holidays, with the exception of the last school week for handover of the certificates of final consults etc. and for special concert during the year.
- Abiding within the school’s free-time parameters, agreeing with and/or accepting the decision-making authority of the school administration, and other aspects of the school’s actions which arise from the very high-level of liability which is a part of our job, should be evident in our students at all times.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: House 3, Bastiengasse 36-38, Vienna, Austria|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.