American Language Programs, Inc.:
Learn English in the USA or Canada and live in the home of your English teacher! American Language Programs (ALP) offers English language immersion homestay programs which allow students from around the world to stay in the home of their American or Canadian teacher and receive private English lessons. We teach students at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels and we focus on giving you the opportunity to practice speaking English. Our year-round ESL programs are available for juniors and adults between the ages of 12 - 80. You can choose to stay for one week or up to three months and longer stays can be arranged on request.
We offer a wide range of English as a Second Language (ESL) Homestay Programs in:
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, NY / New Jersey
• Honolulu, Hawaii
• Phoenix, Arizona
• Los Angeles & San Francisco, California
• Orlando, Kissimee, Miami, Palm Beach & Boca Raton, Florida
• Vancouver, BC in Canada
We also offer Private English lessons (without homestay program) in Boston, MA; Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona, Los Angeles and San Francisco, California.
Please Note: Students can plan a combination of two or more states and / or English language programs.
• This method of perfecting English as a second language has proven to be very successful.
• Students interact with their American / Canadian family in a totally English environment while they receive private, intensive English lessons for 15 to 25 hours per week.
• Lessons and vocabulary are needs-based and personalized to suit each student individually.
• You will become immersed in the daily lives of the teacher's family and practice English during your entire stay. English lessons are private (one-on-one) and are offered at the convenience and agreement of both the student and teacher.
• Your host family provides all meals and offers a minimum of one excursion per week. Meals and trips are taken with the teacher and his / her family. All of our teachers / homes are carefully inspected to ensure student comfort and safety.
• Many of our teachers and their families can accommodate a couple traveling together / studying together. In some cases, an entire family may be accommodated in one of our teachers’ very large homes.
• Our Standard Homestay Program: Live with your English teacher - 15, 20, or 25 hours English study per week with homestay / meals included.
• Business & Specialized Vocabulary: Designed for the busy executive / professional.
• Deluxe / 4-Star Program: Includes the standard and business & specialized vocabulary programs while also offering the finest accommodations and meals.
Other ESL Programs:
• Public Speaking / Business English Instruction
• TOEFL, GRE, GED, LLM and other standardized exam preparation / applications
• University application / registration
• Corporate / Workplace English classes
• Customized English language instruction
• Private English lessons / tutoring without homestay accommodation
• Homestay accommodation without English lessons
Medical Reservations and Preparation:
ALP will assist students in preparing for medical appointments in the U.S. Our teachers / ALP can locate specialized doctors in Boston, Massachusetts; Miami, Florida or Phoenix, Arizona.
We can provide assistance with medical information forms as well as telephone contact and histories. Many people in Europe and Asia realize that some of the most innovative and cutting edge programs in medicine come from the U.S.A.
• ALP host families are generally two-parent with several children, either older children or middle school age children. However, some of our homes have single parents with one or more children and extended families.
• Many of our teachers live in large houses with nice yards. All homes are accessible to the city via bus, train or the “T” (subway).
• In many areas in the U.S., most people live in the suburbs not in the center of the city. We commute to the center via public transport. The suburbs are more quiet and safe than large cities but just as convenient.
• Each student has his / her own private room, usually attractively decorated and complete with a desk for study. Meals may be more formal / lavish on the Business & Specialized Program and the 5-Star Deluxe Program.
• "Almost everything that I did and saw there was my first experience. At first, I didn't understand everyone and wanted to go home but after a couple of days, I felt comfortable, just like staying in my own home!
As a result I stayed an extra whole month with my family. With ALP I wasn't only taught English but also much more. I think that I am changed for the better and have a much broader outlook more than before thanks to them!"
• "I took an English course with ALP in Boston with 15 hours a week. I chose this type of course because I wanted to learn English in a typical American Family and see how they interact in their home and how they live.
I stayed three months in the home of a lovely lady. Often, my teacher introduced me to other students and I met a lot of interesting people around the Boston area many with whom I still have contact. I liked the concept of the school very much!"
• "I stayed three times with my family. Living with a family and having several hours of classes each day is a 10 (10 being top!). It's a wonderful way to improve one's English painlessly and discover the "real American life."
During my third stay, I studied to take the TOEFL test; I obtained a score of 577 out of 587. I recommend this method."
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.