Chinese Embassy for South Africa - Address / Phone Number
Chinese Embassy in South Africa
Address: 965 Church Street, Arcadia, 0083
City: Pretoria (Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +2 hours)
Tel.: 012 431 6500
Fax: 012 342 4244
Working/Consular hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30 – 11.30
The Chinese Embassy in Pretoria is the formal communication link between the Chinese and the South African governments. The Ambassador heads the Embassy and is the official representative to South Africa of the Chinese Government. The Embassy fulfills the role of a Chinese public authority when it comes to consular and migration-related matters, which include issuance of passports and different kinds of certificates, visas for students, residence and work permits as well as assistance to Chinese in emergency situations.
The main services provided by the Embassy include:
- Births, deaths and marriages
- Passports and emergency travel documents
- Travel advice
- Legalisation Service
- Notarial services, etc.
Basic requirements for a visa:
- One fully completed Visa Application Form with one recently- taken color photo (bare head, full face) against a light background attached.
- Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and more than 2 blank visa pages. A photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate are also required.
- Applicants other than South Africans must provide the original and photocopy of your permanent residence permit or other temporary residence permits valid for over 6 months beyond the date of your intended date of arriving in China.
- If you were a Chinese citizen and have obtained South African citizenship, when applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page. When applying for a Chinese visa with a renewed South African passport that does not contain any previous Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the previous Chinese visa page. (If the name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
Normally it takes four working days to process a visa application. However, if applicants can provide proof that there is a necessity of rush service, the officials at the reception can evaluate the situation and make decisions whether you can be granted rush service or not. Pick-up date will be written on the pick-up form.
Applicants are requested to provide the original pick-up slip as well as the proof of payment when come to collect your passport or other documents.
The Embassy does not accept cash payment. Applicants are kindly requested to:
- Deposit fees to the Embassy's bank account.
- Make payment through internet transfer.
This map displays where the China Embassy / Consulate is located in South Africa, Pretoria.
If this location is no longer correct, please submit the exact new address information via our Contact page. If the map does not load for you, try opening this page on another web browser.