South Korea Visa Requirements: South Korean visa application form information on South Korea visas for travel, tourist visa, visitor / transit visa, student visa. South Korean...
Search for Schools:
Traveler's Guide

South Korea Visa Information

Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.

Who requires a visa?
Required by all except the following:
(a) 1. nationals of Schengen countries for touristic and business purposes for stays of up to 3 months: (except for Slovenia out of the 25 Schengen countries) Austria (Diplomatic/Official: 180 days), Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland;
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden (90 days within 6 month period. To renew, need to wait 6 months)
Non-Schengen countries: Bulgaria, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Romania, Turkey, United Kingdom.
(b) nationals of Algeria*, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina*, The Bahamas, Belarus*, Belize*, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin*, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus*, Croatia*, Czech Republic, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Dominican Republic, Ecuador (Diplomatic: as needed for work performance, Official: 3 months), Egypt*, El Salvador, Estonia, Grenada, Haiti, Hungary, Iceland, India*, Iran*, Israel, Jamaica, Japan*, Kazakhstan*, Laos*, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Pakistan*, Panama, Paraguay*, Philippines (Unlimited), Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia*, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Surinam, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Uruguay*, Ukraine** and Vietnam* can stay up to 3 months;
(c) nationals of Lesotho, Cambodia*, Uzbekistan**, and Portugal can stay of up to 2 months;
(d) nationals of Tunisia, Turkmenistan**, Azerbaijan* and Mongolia* for touristic and business purposes for stays of up to 1 month;
* Diplomatic & Official passport holders
** Diplomatic passport holders
(e) 2. nationals of countries or regions allowed for visa-free entry for short-term touristic or transit purposes, are allowed to enter visa-free for a maximum duration of 30 days. This regulation applies to: Albania, Andora, Argentina, Australia (90 days), Bahrain, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada (6 months), Croatia, Cyprus, Ecuador, Fiji, Guam, Guyana, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong (90 days), Indonesia, Japan (90 days), Kiribati, Kuwait, Macau (90 days), Marshall Islands, Lebanon, Federated States of Micronesia, Monaco, Mauritius, Montenegro, Nauru, New Caledonia, Oman, Palau, Paraguay, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia, Slovenia (90 days), Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Slovenia, South Africa, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tonga, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, USA (90 days), Vatican City, Venezuala and Yemen.

Note: Many nationals are permitted visa exemptions on other passports, such as diplomatic or official passports. For further details of whether this is applicable and the necessary restrictions of such visa exemptions, it is advisable to contact the nearest Embassy/Consulate before departure.

What documents will be required?
Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months required by all.

Time required to issue visa:
5 working days

How do I apply?
Application to:Consulate (or Consular section at Embassy); see Contact Addresses section for details.

Application requirements:These may vary according to visa required and nationality of applicant. (a) Passport valid for at least 6 months. (b) Completed application form. (c) One recent passport-size colour photo. (d) Fee, payable by cash or postal order (but not cheque). (e) Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if applicable. (f) Proof of sufficient funds (a bank statement for £1000 if not working in the UK and a company letter if working in the UK). Short-term business: (a)-(f) and, (g) Substantiating documents for the activity of the applicant, eg letter of invitation from the host company in the Republic of Korea, business-related documents etc. Short-term employment: (a)-(f) and, (g) Caree Document. (h) Employment contract. (i) A recommendation, official letter or other documents which prove the necessity of employment by the appropriate Minister of Department. Student: (a)-(f) and, (g) Standard admission letter for students, substantiating the educational ability and coverage of the expense of the applicant, issued by the president or a dean of the University. (h) Substantiating documents for researchers, including a reference, if applicable.

Note:(a) For a national who cannot fulfill the necessary requirements and entry conditions (such as the expiration of passport validity) due to unavoidable circumstances, or is required for further review before a visa can be issued, a conditional entry permit may be granted with a validity of up to 72 hours. In regards to this permit, the chief of a district or branch office may impose conditions such as a reference, financial guarantee, restrictions on duration of stay, a duty to obey summons or other necessary conditions, and, if deemed necessary, a monetary deposit not exceeding 10 million won (US$10,000). (b) When a Republic of Korean national intends to visit Korea (DPR), a ‘Certificate of Visit’ must be issued by the Minister of Unification in advance. If it is an overseas Republic of Korean national who intends to visit Korea (DPR), the chief of a Korean embassy or consulate abroad must be reported to. (c) When a short-term visitor or unregistered national who visited Korea (DPR) re-enters the Republic of Korea, an immigration officer shall issue the same visa which was granted, minus the duration of stay in Korea (DPR). If a national’s duration of stay on the visa expired whilst in Korea (DPR), or remaining period is less than 30 days, a new visa may have to be granted. (d) A national who wishes to enter the Republic of Korea via Korea (DPR) must carry a valid passport and visa. If the national has a visa waiver agreement with the Republic of Korea, they must present a passport, a written paper outlining the reason for visiting Korea (DPR) and E/D Card (Immigration Card) to the Immigration officer at an inspection counter. If the visit was for diplomatic, official or agreement purposes, the national may be exempted from submitting a written paper outlining the reasons for the visit.

What is the cost of a visa?
Single-entry (up to 90 days): US$30. Single-entry (more than 90 days): US$50. Multiple-entry: US$80. For citizens of the United States of America, multiple entry visa fee is US$45 on the basis of reciprocity since the mutual agreement in 1994. Prolongation of Re-entry Permit: US$20. The same fees apply for both business and tourist visas. Group visa: valid for temporary visiting diplomats, conference participants, school excursions or other groups administered by the Minister of Justice, whereby a stamp is affixed only in the leader of the group’s passport. Travellers are advised to contact the nearest Embassy/Consulate to discern fees and other details regarding the group visa.
Note:In addition to obtaining a visa, a Certificate for Recognition of Visa Issuance may be requested before applying for a visa to a Korean consulate abroad.

How long is the visa valid for?
Up to 3 months from date of issue, although this may vary.

Other information:
Applications for a residence certificate or for a stay of more than 90 days should be made to the Immigration Office in Seoul.

Embassy contact information:
Please contact the nearest Embassy of South Korea for information on what documentation you may require to enter Belgium.

Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.

Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Republic of Korea - URL:
- Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the United States of America - URL:

The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user's own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.