Articulate Language Camps, Scotland:
Based in the heart of Scotland, Articulate Language Camps is a small, family-run business which provides residential language camps in English, Spanish, French, German and Italian for kids and teens aged 6-17 from the UK, Europe and around the world. Situated in central Scotland, our camp sessions feature outdoor learning, adventure sports, digital media projects, cookery classes, and more fun cultural activities.
• At Articulate Language Camps, we really believe in making learning a language fun and engaging by taking language learning out of the classroom! We focus on giving your son or daughter a truly personal experience that they will remember for a lifetime.
• All of our camp sessions are small with no more than 22 campers to make sure that everyone feels included, valued and has a very personalised language learning experience.
• Our motto is ‘Learn, Laugh, Live’ as our camps give children and young people the chance to learn a foreign language, laugh with friends and as a result, live in a world that is just a little smaller. We believe in connecting young minds and creating international friendships which will last a lifetime.
• Through small, project-based immersion morning classes, campers learn without a classroom atmosphere.
• They make films, podcasts, animations and even write their own songs.
• An experienced language mentor guides them along the way and each project has a different vocabulary or grammar focus.
Residential Language Learning Summer Camps in Scotland:
Participants choose English, French, Spanish, Italian or German.
• Dolphin House, Culzean Castle, South Ayrshire (1 hour south of Glasgow)
• For UK & international students aged 12-17
• 7 day all-inclusive summer language camps
• Lapwing Lodges, Glasgow area
• For children aged 6-11
• 2 day or 4 day all-inclusive camp
A Unique Language Learning Experience!
What makes Articulate Language Camps completely unique and different from other camps is that our students actually work together with the young native speakers of the language they are studying.
For example, English-speaking campers learning Spanish work on projects with the Spanish campers learning English. This is what makes our summer language school one of the most meaningful, authentic language learning experiences in the UK.
• Afternoon activities are full of action! We start the camp off with some team-building activities when the campers arrive to help everyone get to know one another better.
• From then on, whether campers are competing against the other team to capture the flag, learning to fence, conquering gravity on the climbing wall or taking part in a military assault course, we can promise adrenaline-fuelled fun.
• In the evenings, activities are just as exciting. With escape room challenges, casino nights, quizzes, campfires and carnivals, the fun never stops!
Excursions for Students in our International Camp:
• A huge part of coming to camp in Scotland is experiencing the country. That’s why we have two excursions each week where our foreign campers can discover something new and our British campers can act as experienced tour guides for their new friends.
• We spend one full day in an exciting Scottish city where campers take part in cultural and structured activities as well as having some independence and opportunities to shop for souvenirs and explore the city.
• Last year we visited Edinburgh and experienced the Fringe Festival, the parliament, the castle and the museums. Our city excursion is always a great day out and is often a highlight of camp.
• Afternoon excursions gives campers the chance to see the beautiful Scottish countryside.
• We believe that language learning is most effective when fun, meaningful and challenging.
• That is why at Articulate, we try to avoid a classroom atmosphere. Instead, all of our lessons are project-based and take the form of informal tutorials. The multilingual atmosphere is not limited to the campers’ morning classes as the language learning continues throughout the day.
• International Camp teaches languages in a fun and meaningful way by teaching through projects, many of which focus on digital media.
• Each group has a custom made Articulate workbook so they have language notes to take away at the end of the camp too. Campers then become film stars, radio presenters and even animated characters.
• Languages are a real means of communication, and campers learn with us through doing. Articulate is unique in giving young people the chance to come together to learn from one another. They can share their language and their culture!
• At Launch Camp, we keep things exciting for the little ones with short bursts of language lessons to keep the learning fun. Lessons are active, often outdoors and we have brilliant resources to help the campers engage with a new language.
• Campers receive a 'learning passport' to help them track their learning over the camp and they even earn stamps from our very own camp bear, Arty, when they have completed a lesson.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Marathon House, Olympic Park, Drybridge Road, Dundonald, Glasgow, Scotland KA2 9BE, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.