Summer programs in England & UK: Academic summer camps for high school students, English courses, summer music lessons, UK sports camps, Campamentos de verano en Inglaterra, cursos de inglés verano, Englisch Sommerschulen
Manor Courses is a family-run residential, summer school offering English language courses for young international students. Established in 1970, we are located in West Sussex in the South of England, 10 km from Brighton and 15km from Gatwick. We provide residential English language Summer courses for children aged 8-17, and their families. Students can choose to stay for 1-5 week courses during July and August.
Manor Courses offers a warm and friendly environment in a beautiful location at Hurst College, which is a boarding school set on 130 acres of privately-owned countryside. The exciting range of first class sport, social and residential facilities on campus make Hurst College a safe and healthy environment.
We combine several essential components to provide our students with the ultimate summer school experience, including a dedication to high-quality tuition and stimulating sports and social activities programme with professional supervision. Over the years we have been expanding, welcoming an increasing number of nationalities.
Our family (the Directors) live at the college all summer, and promise 24-hour support for students, parents, agents and teachers.
32.Reach Cambridge - Academic Camps in UK & Online
Courses / Programs
• Reach Cambridge is a well-established residential school based in the prestigious university city of Cambridge, 50 miles north-east of London in the East Anglia region in the east of England.
• We provide residential spring and summer courses for high school / secondary school students ages 14-18 from the UK and around the globe. Students learn in the historic colleges of Cambridge University, and meet students from all over the world.
• Students stay in one of Cambridge University’s colleges or in our central Cambridge headquarters, ‘Reach Hall’.
• Our challenging and vibrant spring and summer courses have multiple start dates for greater flexibility.
• All Reach Cambridge courses are designed to provide unique introductions to favourite academic subjects at University level.
• Taught by experts in the field through interactive lessons & workshops, they make the most of what Cambridge University has to offer.
• We combine excellent academic courses with a university preparation program, including evening lectures, workshops on life skills & mentoring from our excellent team of supervisors.
• Courses also include excursions to places of cultural interest around the UK, in the past these have included London, Oxford, Warwick, Brighton & Stratford-upon-Avon.
Review: "The Reach Cambridge program provides a unique learning experience with small classes, great excursions and a taste of University life. It is one of the greatest summer programmes available." - Reach Cambridge Student
2 or 4 week Summer Camps in July / August - For students ages 14-18
• SAT Preparation
• English Literature
• Computer Science
• Journalism & Media
• Physics & Astronomy
• Physics & Engineering
• Life Sciences & Medicine
• Drama & Performing Arts
• Politics & International Relations
• English Literature & Creative Writing
• Economics & Business Management
Online Pre-University Courses (more to follow shortly)
• ISSOS offers summer school programs for international students aged between 13 - 18 years of age in July and August in St. Andrews University.
• St Andrews is situated on the beautiful east coast of Scotland, approximately 50 miles (80km) north-east of Edinburgh and 80 miles (130 km) north-east of Glasgow. We also run a summer school in Cambridge, England.
• ISSOS offers teenagers a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging environment while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Our 3-week summer school programs are all-inclusive.
• We limit the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience. International students come from all over the world, representing over 60 nationalities, creating a multicultural atmosphere.
• Students study one academic subject and one elective subject. In addition, we provide a full program of activities, trips, cultural enrichment and the ISSOS Highland Games.
• Students will be picked up by a uniformed member of staff at the selected international airports and accompanied to St Andrews.
Student Review: "There is one word that describes ISSOS, amazing! ISSOS is an exceptional school and the staff work perfectly together. The social activities are great, a brilliant way of getting to know students from other classes and electives." - Axel, Finland
Residential summer school programs for international students aged between 13-18 years combining learning, creative enrichment & adventure:
Academic Summer School programs: • English Language programs (from beginner to advanced levels)
• International Baccalaureate program (Pre-IB)
• IB Extended Essay
• Youth Leadership
• Creative Writing
Elective programs: • Art
Activities include: • Day Trips
• Outdoor Activities
• Evening Entertainment
• Highland Games
Situated just two minutes from the beach in Brighton, East Sussex on the south coast of England, the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BIMM) provides two unique and dynamic summer courses for musicians ages 11+ who are looking to develop their technique and confidence as live performers. Our Music Radar Summer Course is designed for those who love classic rock, while our Metal Hammer Summer Course is for all the metal heads out there.
Each Summer Course is a 5 day week, consisting of dedicated tuition on your instrument (guitar, bass, drums & vocals), followed by a live performance workshop every afternoon to hone your performance skills on a stage guided by your tutors and a different special guest each day.
Our Summer Courses are open to all musicians who are not absolute beginners on their instrument (and ages 11+). We always have a good mix of ages on our Summer Courses, so remember - you're never too old or too young to rock out!
In addition to our superb teaching spaces, with full PA and backline, we have put together a comprehensive collection of pro-vintage and modern equipment for all specialisms, with which the musicians at BIMM are encouraged to develop their own style and innovative approaches.
35.Summer Orchestral Course, Bristol - Language & Music for Life
Courses / Programs
Based in Tockington Manor School, just 12 miles north of Bristol in the south-west of England, Language and Music for Life provides an intensive, 1-week orchestral music course for children (ages 5 to 14) who want to have an opportunity to “make” music in summer 2018.
This residential and non-residential course is designed for players who have reached at least Grade 4 standard on any orchestral instrument.
Children ages 9-14 can attend as boarders while students ages 5-9 should either live locally, or stay in local Bed & Breakfasts with their parents who would transport them to the course each day.
The course, ‘Strictly Come Playing’ is a week-long summer music camp that culminates in the creation of 'The 100 Little Hands Symphony Orchestra', which is conducted by William Godfree. We accept applications from students who currently play Strings, Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion instruments.
At Language and Music for Life, we are serious about providing a safe environment for very young people to develop. Our priority is that all students are safe and happy.
The course takes place at Tockington Manor School (a boarding private school) in South Gloucestershire, which includes an impressive covered swimming pool for our young musicians’ relaxation, as well as tennis courts, a cricket pitch and delightful private woods.
We also provide quality language lessons in French and English in very small groups during the camp.
Empowering children and teenagers aged 9 to 17 to make their future with computer science and digital technology, Fire Tech Camp runs creative holiday camps, workshops and weekend courses.
We currently run courses in London, Manchester, Bristol, Cambridge, and Reading. We also have residential programmes during school holidays at the prestigious Sedbergh School in Cumbria and at Wycombe Abbey, the #1-ranked independent school in the UK.
Each course is designed to foster original project-based work and creative thinking within a collaborative environment, under the enthusiastic guidance of expert tutors.
The power to design, engineer and make with technology is put into the kids’ hands so that they can create their own games, design smartphone apps, code like a pro, build robots to do their bidding, and learn much more in the fields of computer science, making and the digital arts!
We ascribe to the 4 C’s of 21st Century Education: Creativity, Collaboration, Communication and Critical Thinking. Our mission is also to make tech widely accessible and so we use affordable equipment and materials and run a scholarship programme.
- Video Game Design
- Robotics with LEGO Mindstorms
- Senior Robotics with VEX IQ
- Mobile App Design
- World Building with Minecraft
- Minecraft Redstone
- Minecraft Maker
- Python Coding & Electronics with Minecraft
- Web Development (HTML/CSS)
- Coding Games with Java
- Teen Coding with Python (Levels I and II)
- Digital Music Production
- Digital Photography and Editing
- Rapid Prototyping and 3D Printing
- Game Prototyping
- Intro to 3D Printing
- CAD/CAM with Vinyl Cutting
- Physical Computing with Arduino (Levels I and II)
English Pro League Camp provides 1-3 week soccer summer camps in the south of England for young footballers (ages 8-17) in collaboration with ex-players, coaches and football fanatics. International students learn English in the morning, and take part in intensive soccer activities in the afternoons and evenings.
Our junior (8-12) and senior (13-17) camps take place in East and West Sussex counties, in friendly villages less than one hour south of London. Our football camps foster a safe, nurturing, stimulating and fun learning experience that inspires our students to thrive and prosper.
Our students will enjoy the surroundings, ambiance and facilities of a top English boarding school. EPL students are recruited from all over the world. Test your football skills and make friends with young people from different countries.
Football / English Language Summer Camps:
- Duration: 1-3 weeks
Included in the Camp fees:
- 15 hours of General English classes
- 5 hours of 'language of football' lessons
- 10 hours of football coaching
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All travel costs to attractions
- All evening activities
- All meals
- EPL training kit
- EPL rucksack
- Course materials
• Located in the stunning countryside of Scotland, Articulate Language Camps provides a range of residential language camps in summer and during the academic school year for primary & secondary school students from the UK, Europe and around the world (aged 6-17).
• We offer fun, meaningful language immersion programmes in English, French, Spanish, Italian and German, run by qualified language teachers and native speakers.
• Through small, project-based immersion morning classes, campers learn without a classroom atmosphere. They make films, podcasts, animations and even write their own songs. An experienced language mentor guides them along the way and each project has a different vocabulary or grammar focus.
• Afternoons are full of adventure outdoor activities and sport - from climbing and fencing to capture the flag and Highland Games. Evening activities include everything from escape rooms, Master Chef competitions to carnivals & campfires.
• Our International Camp brings together native speakers from across the world so that they make friends and learn from each other.
• Campers share their native languages and make friends with native speakers of the language they are studying. Our staff provide an authentic multilingual and multicultural flare to our camps.
Review: “My son is still keeping in touch with his friends from abroad. He has grown and grown up from having this experience and I would recommend Articulate Language Camps to other parents.”
- Murray, James' Dad
Residential Language Learning Summer Camps in Scotland:
Learn English, French, Spanish, Italian or German.
INTERNATIONAL CAMP • Culzean Castle, South Ayrshire
• For UK & international students aged 12-17
• 11 day all-inclusive summer language camps 1 hour south of Glasgow
• Afternoon sport & cultural activities
LAUNCH CAMP • Lapwing Lodges, Glasgow area
• For children aged 6-11
• 2 day or 4 day all-inclusive camp
With digital media, team building activities & adventure sports to bring language learning to life.
Academic School Year language immersion residential camps for primary & secondary students.
Acorn International Summer School provides unique academic summer camps for both international and British students in Tockington, just 10 miles north of Bristol in the South-West of England.
Based on the campus of an authentic British boarding school, we provide exclusive programmes for children ages 5-15. We are one of the few summer schools in the UK tailored entirely for the junior camp market, and offer academic programmes for 2 or 4 weeks.
Our school is situated in the countryside, on a beautiful self-contained campus which is safe and secure.
Acorn International is owned and run by a real family. We all have our own children, and when you arrive at Acorn International you will be greeted by three generations of our family!
Acorn International had a very successful inspection in 2014, and is now fully accredited by the British Accreditation Council.
At FunTech we teach children and teenagers computing, tech & coding skills. Our extensive range of term time courses & exciting holiday tech camps provide an exceptional & dynamic learning experience.
Our tech camps are designed spark the imagination of the latest generation of progressive coders, innovative engineers & pioneering game designers - and teach them tech skills for life.
Packed full of exercises, challenges and competitions, our tech camps are engaging, exciting and lots of fun. Whatever the topic, from touch typing to Minecraft Redstone electronics, from LEGO Robotics to Java Coding, our camps are underpinned by a structured yet informal learning environment, bringing out the best in our students.