Arts University Bournemouth (AUB):
Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is located less than two hours from London, between Bournemouth and Poole in Dorset on the South Coast of England. We offer study abroad BA (Hons) Acting programs for international students who would like to spend one, two or three semester terms studying acting in the UK. With AUB, you have the opportunity to study alongside full-time degree or diploma students in a range of fields including Acting, Film Production, Digital Media, Animation and Visual Communication among many others. These courses are ideal for students and professionals who want to spend time learning in the UK but do not want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying.Email: Contact us belowStudy Abroad BA (Hons) Acting Program:
Course duration: 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
AUB offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Acting and international students can join full-time degree students for one or more semester terms.
When you apply for a short study abroad course at AUB, our Course Leaders will work with you and your tutors to decide on the best year to join the acting programme, usually either in year one or year two. You will be fully integrated with existing students and benefit from the full range of resources available.
This highly practical course provides a thorough preparation for a career in acting to those aspiring to be successful actors. You will learn the key skills required to respond to the diverse demands of the industry and how to become a creative, flexible and independent artist.
As well as strengthening performance skills you will learn self-discipline, self-motivation, and develop a critical and imaginative engagement with the social, cultural and historical contexts of performance.
Depending on the term you wish to study with us you may engage with practical studies such as:
- Acting Fundamentals – Improvisation and exercises exploring basic skills and concepts
- Actor and Audience – Through practical exercises, you will question the nature of the theatrical event and its intent.
- Shakespeare Workshop – Exploration of heightened texts through practical explorations and scene study.
- Recorded Performance – Approaches to performing for the camera.
- Psychological Realism – Script analysis, scene study and performance from a Stanislavskian approach.
We also provide a dedicated Film Production program.