Arts University Bournemouth (AUB):
Located on the south coast of England, Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in design, arts, performance, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours from London, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses to international students and professionals who want to spend time at our university in the UK but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying here. Our study abroad semester programs can be taken for one term, two terms, or three terms. You may join an existing degree course and work alongside full-time students from the UK and around the world.
For 1, 2, or 3 terms
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for international students and professionals studying for careers in the arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, acting, film production, photography, dance, and more.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without having to spend 2-3 years studying here on a full-time basis. You have the opportunity to work alongside full-time degree students, and will benefit from the full range of resources available.
• When you apply, our Course Leaders will work with you and your tutors to decide on the best year to join your chosen programme, usually either in year one or year two.
• Your abilities and qualifications will be assessed before you are offered a place, and we will discuss the most suitable programme of learning with you. If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• Animation Production
• Creative Events Management
• Commercial Photography
• Costume with Performance Design
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Interior Architecture and Design
• Make-up for Media and Performance
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design and Production
Courses start in September and January each year and coincide with the academic timetable. Each period is usually about 8–12 weeks and you can choose to study for one, two or three semester terms in one year. Classes normally take place from Monday to Friday each week.
We require a portfolio from all prospective candidates who wish to participate in a study abroad course at the AUB.
The purpose of your portfolio is to show us how you communicate and translate ideas visually. It will be reviewed by the course leader and a panel who will determine the most appropriate year of study in the course for each candidate.
• Preparation for Masters (2 terms)
This course aims to help students to secure entry onto the Masters course of their choice. It is designed for students who need to develop their creative understanding of their chosen subject, or those who need to increase their English language scores before being accepted onto a Masters course.
• Portfolio Preparation Art, Design & Media (1 or 2 terms)
This course will cover all the fundamental skills you need to build a portfolio, and is designed for international students who need to produce quality work for a portfolio or interview at university.
Through a series of projects and briefs, you will study basic drawing skills and proceed to more complex observational and analytical work.
It is possible for students to transfer credits earned on modules completed at Arts University Bournemouth to their own universities. On successful completion of a semester course, you will be given a "transcript of marks" showing the credits you have earned at Arts University Bournemouth.
Summer Arts & Design Courses:
The University also offers a range of 3-week Specialist Summer courses. These courses provide a wonderful study opportunity; giving individuals (minimum 16 years of age) the experience of studying in a University environment with access to our world-class facilities, highly acclaimed teaching staff, visiting lecturers and specialist learning resources.
We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
All students taking part in one of our summer courses will receive an official AUB Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion.
AUB is located between Bournemouth and Poole in Dorset on the beautiful south coast of England. London is less than 2 hours away, and easily reached via good motorway links or regular train and coach services.
Both Bournemouth and and the nearby city of Southampton have international airports providing flights to over 50 destinations throughout the UK and Europe. In addition, there are regular ferry crossings to the Continent from Poole and Southampton.
Student Reviews / Testimonials:
• “I’ve found the UK is far more appreciative concerning the arts. AUB is a hub of creativity. For me, I view AUB as the biggest ‘creative’ playground with every medium available.”
Kaily, USA, Animation Production
• "The facilities that Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there. With everything from books to magazines to even DVDs and VHS tapes, the AUB ran the entire gamut as far as what you were looking for.”
Orlando, USA, Animation Production
• "The AUB campus has a really good atmosphere, the facilities such as the printmaking room and library made me excited about studying there! University is great because it allows you to fully focus on your own work all the time, which resulted in great artistic development for me.
Through my three years at the AUB I have had time to become professional with my practice in terms of techniques and artistic skills, but also been advised on how to handle commissions and approach potential client."
Maria, BA (Hons) Illustration
• “So far I have reached the goals that I wanted to reach. I picked up lots of skills and found new friends, which supported me. If I had the chance to change my decision I wouldn’t change anything. I’m absolutely happy that I’m studying here.”
Specific Contact Pages: - Animation Production
- Architecture Course
- Costume Design
- Creative Events Mgmt
- Dance Course
- Film Production
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
- Visual Effects Design & Production
- Visual Communication
- Commercial Photography
- Interior Design
- Fashion Studies
- Textiles Program
- Acting Studies
- Make-Up for Media and Performance
- Portfolio Preparation
- Pre-Masters Course
- Art & Design
- Courses / Programs
- Our Home Page
|Address: Wallisdown 7 Fern Barrow, Poole, Dorset, BH12 5HH, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2018 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.