Become a court transcriptionist in Canada: Legal transcription training in Ontario, Toronto, Ottawa, online court transcriptionist course for home study in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Vaughan, Hamilton, London, Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ottawa, Vancouver BC, Alberta. Court reporting programs online in Canada.
Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies: Acquire in-depth skills and knowledge in the intriguing field of court transcription and digital legal monitoring from the comfort of your own home or office in Canada. Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies provides a 14-week online Court Transcription certification program, with graduates eligible to register and become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist (ACT). We also provide a 4-16 week Digital Legal Monitor course taught entirely online.
Email:Contact us here
Online Court Transcription Certification Program: Duration: 14 weeks. Students must be age 18+.
• Students will receive interactive, quality instruction that consists of online video lectures, demos, and practical exercises that will allow students to apply the skills they learn throughout the course.
• The course will be taught by a professional transcriptionist who has worked as an educator, a court reporter for the Ontario courts, and an Authorized Court Transcriptionist.
Evaluation Method: This is a Pass/Fail course. In order to pass the course, students must achieve a minimum of 98% accuracy on the in-person final exam, which takes place in Toronto or Ottawa (depending on your preference).
The final exam must be written in person. There are no rewrites or make-ups for the exam.
Online Digital Legal Monitor Program: Duration: 4-16 weeks
• A Digital Legal Monitor is a type of court reporter who uses audio equipment to record in-court proceedings. While this course is designed to be taken in 4 weeks, students will have access to the course for 4 months. Students can write the final exam at any time during these 4 months.
• This electronic court reporting course will be taught by an industry professional who has worked for several years as a court reporter, an educator, and, more recently, an Authorized Court Transcriptionist for the Ontario courts.
Admission Requirements: Students must be age 18 or older to take this course. We recommend that students should be comfortable with the English language and possess good listening and comprehension skills.
Passing Grade: This is a Pass/Fail course. In order to pass the course, students must achieve a minimum of 70% on the final exam.
This program does not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
CCVS Student Testimonial: "It's going so well and I don't think I've ever been happier attending school. Every day I look forward to going to class and learning a new concept and realizing that I can actually DO it. Even the technology part of learning isn't so daunting anymore. Everyone at CCVS really does care and wants the students to succeed." - Lydia
The National Screen Institute — Canada (NSI) with headquarters in Winnipeg, is a film and television training school. Training is based around the philosophy that the best way to learn is by doing. Our market-driven training programs have led to employment for graduates by giving them a competitive edge. According to the latest NSI alumni survey, 97% of respondents are working in the film and television industry.
NSI’s training programs are led by experts in film, television and digital media – they deliver workshops and seminars and mentor participants. Participants are not required to pay tuition fees or relocate. NSI trains program participants in one centre for a short period of time. Participants then return to their home communities and work with local mentors on their projects, under the leadership of the program manager.
To be eligible for any of our training programs you must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, reside in Canada and be over the age of 18.
-Short film training - NSI Drama Prize
-Feature film training - NSI Features First
-TV series development - NSI Totally Television
-TV marketing - NSI Global Marketing
-Programs for Aboriginal only students
-NSI Storytellers, NSI New Voices
-Video game development
- NSI playWRITE
Vancouver Career College, BC is a fully accredited, first-class training facility dedicated to the needs of individuals intent on starting a new career or enhancing their current skills. There are six locations in BC province - Abbotsford, Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam and Kelowna. Our career-training programs at our Abbotsford campus will help you to develop the skills you need in the fields of health care and ESL teaching. Our diploma programs include an internship/practicum placement program.
We are fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) of British Columbia. Certain programs are recognized by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC), the Ministry of Children and Family Development of BC, TESL Canada and the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT).
Note: Vancouver Career College only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton
Courses / Programs
Conveniently located in Edmonton, The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology provides a quality 2-year Captioning and Court Reporting diploma program. Captioners and court reporters are highly skilled professionals who can capture speech at speeds of 225 words per minute (wpm) and higher. Using an electronic shorthand machine and sophisticated computer technology, reporters translate a conversation virtually simultaneously to the printed word.
NAIT offers the only Captioning and Court Reporting program in western Canada approved by the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) - a 35,000 member organization based in the United States. Graduates may broadcast caption live television an internet programming, write court trials and other legal proceedings, or provide CART services writing realtime in educational, corporate, or community settings.
Using electronic shorthand machines and sophisticated computer technology, students in our program learn to write and translate the spoken word simultaneously to the printed word at speeds of 225 words per minute and higher. Practical training is scheduled when the student has completed the 180 wpm speed level. Students will attend civil, criminal, and other proceedings with certified court reporters. They must exhibit professional conduct in the working environment and demonstrate mastery of verbatim shorthand reporting.
Canadian Business College is dedicated to providing high quality education and instruction to individuals seeking careers in accounting, business, law, Information Technology, graphics design, childcare, dental, and health care. We offer both full-time and part-time programs which lead to certification and diplomas. CBC is an approved Supporting Institution for some of the world's finest Public Universities. Thereby our graduates can apply for programs in Accounting, Business, Information Technology, Law, Dental Hygiene & many more ...
Courses include: Information Technology; Health Care; Business Administration; Business Management; Accounting; Law Clerk; Paralegal; Database Administrator; Software Engineer; Network Engineer; Early Childhood Assistant; Community Services Worker; Medical and Health Administration; Pharmacy Assistant; Dental Hygiene
• Gain the expert knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a spray tan consultant with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - one of the leading spray tan training providers in Canada!
• The world's first spray tan training academy, Aviva offers onsite spray tan classes in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC and Montreal, Quebec. In each city, our 1-day certification programs are held in a leading hotel.
• In addition to our in-class training, we provide comprehensive online spray tan classes that allow you to earn your professional certification from the comfort of your own home or office, with content available 24/7.
• All of our spray tan courses come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• On successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a Spray Tanning Certificate.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry, increasing by almost 500% in the past 5 years!
• Our interactive short courses are ideal if you want to add a spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
Student Review: "I don't think my business would be where it is today without the quality of the Aviva products & training and all the wonderful marketing information & suggestions the Aviva staff has provided...After completing your online training and adjusting to their methods to the Aviva-Way all our tans are now even and natural." • Patti, Mississippi
Established in 1999, ITD (Institute of Technology, Development & Management) Canada is a privately-funded polytechnic college in North Vancouver, BC. The college offers industry-specific certificate and diploma courses in the fields of Hospitality, Arts, IT, and Business to Canadian students and international students from around the world.
ITD Canada is accredited by PCTIA (Private Career Training Institutions Agency) which is the government agency that oversees the private colleges and universities in the province of British Columbia.
Our training staff are all seasoned practitioners with years of classroom experience. Many are well-known instructors from local universities and colleges. Our class sizes are small and course schedules are flexible to accommodate both full-time and part-time students.
Business co-ops or internships (work experience placements) are an integral component of our diploma programs. The first co-op provides students with entry level jobs while the second co-op session strives to provide students with positions that will lead to entry-level management positions.