Career Colleges in Canada: Private colleges in Toronto, Ontario, Vancouver BC, Calgary, Edmonton Alberta. Post secondary schools, career training vocational schools, business training, management colleges, IT courses, computer training, health care careers Canada, diploma certification programs..
Bow Valley College's North Campus is centrally located in downtown Calgary in South Alberta, near C-Train and transit routes. Our main North Campus is one of many campuses and learning centres in Calgary and throughout southern Alberta. Bow Valley College provides a selection of more than 50 career program offerings and the tools to help you succeed. Since we opened our doors in 1965, we have helped more than 300,000 students build successful careers.
Bow Valley College delivers programs and skills that make you think in new and creative ways, removing barriers to fulfilling and lasting employment. In fact, 94 per cent of our graduates find jobs in their chosen career within six months of graduation. Whether you want to be a nurse, a pharmacy technician, an event planner, work with children or help people get back on their feet through justice studies, Bow Valley College offers a career program that is right for you.
Building your career is not a step you have to take alone. We support students throughout their studies and beyond. You can learn in class, online, part time or full time, in Calgary or in the comfort of your home – whatever works with your schedule and your life.
Certificate & Diploma Career Training programs include:
- Aboriginal Practical Nurse Diploma
- Accounting And Financial Management Certificate
- Administrative Professional Certificate
- Business Administration Diploma
- Early Learning and Child Care Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- High School Upgrading
- Hospital Unit Clerk Certificate
- Justice Studies Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- Practical Nurse Diploma
- ESL programs
The Academy of Learning is a private post secondary college that has been in Victoria, British Columbia in Canada since 1986. We offer programs in computerized business applications, accounting, payroll, management skills training as well as IT and Health programs. The college offers accredited Certificate, Diploma and individualized programs for people that are working, upgrading or changing their career direction. Their flexibility, one-on-one attention and strong career and employment support provided are the benchmarks of their continued success.
With over 20 years in Victoria, it is evident by the valuable working relationships continuously nurtured and developed with both corporate and government agencies that the Academy of Learning understands the importance of sound business practices, consistent customer service and a dedication to the community. The Academy of Learning is the only career college with 2 campuses – downtown Victoria and the Westshore.
• Gain the expert knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a spray tan consultant with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - one of the leading spray tan training providers in Canada!
• The world's first spray tan training academy, Aviva offers onsite spray tan classes in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC and Montreal, Quebec. In each city, our 1-day certification programs are held in a leading hotel.
• In addition to our in-class training, we provide comprehensive online spray tan classes that allow you to earn your professional certification from the comfort of your own home or office, with the content available to study 24/7.
• All of our spray tan courses come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• On successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a Spray Tanning Certificate.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry, increasing by almost 500% in the past 5 years!
• Our interactive short courses are ideal if you want to add a spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
Student Review: "I don't think my business would be where it is today without the quality of the Aviva products & training and all the wonderful marketing information & suggestions the Aviva staff has provided...After completing your online training and adjusting to their methods to the Aviva-Way all our tans are now even and natural." • Patti, Mississippi
Metro College of Technology is a private continuing education institution in Toronto, Ontario, Canada which is well-known for our practical and advanced courses and programs, specializing in adult education. We offer a range of certificate and diploma programs in the faculties of Business and Management; Engineering and Technology; Information Technology; Healthcare and Legal Services.
The courses and programs represent cutting edge technology and the skills needed to meet today's dynamic job market are developed. Along with theory-based instruction, students receive intensive hands-on training brought by the instructor in the current job market, providing them with a unique advantage to secure a successful future, making our courses and programs rank as one of the best colleges in Toronto.
To graduate from a program with working experience, students must complete practicum (internship). To be competent for intermediate or advanced level positions, students are required to complete a co-op placement or a challenging project.
Diploma & Certificate courses include:
- Computerized Accounting and Office Administration
- Business Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Civil Engineering Design and Technology
- CNC & MasterCAM Technology Course
- Programming and System Analysis
- Network and Database Administration
- Software Training for Data Analysts, Computer Programmers and Statisticians (SAS)
- Medical Office Assistant
- Personal Support Worker (PSW)
5.The Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Courses / Programs
Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TSTCM) is one of the leading Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) institutions in Ontario, Eastern Canada. We are dedicated to providing first-rate training in Chinese acupuncture, herbal medicine and tuina massage. TSTCM offers comprehensive programs ranging from certificate programs for people who have a strong interest in Chinese medicine, to professional diploma programs for serious students who plan on building a career around TCM.
We offer comprehensive diploma programs in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese Acupuncture, Tuina Massage, and Herbal Medicine. With our proven training methods, graduates have all the tools they need to build rewarding and successful careers practicing TCM. Our graduates have attained a reputation for excellence in the field of alternative health care and are highly sought-after by wellness and medical clinics. Many have gone on to open their own successful practices.
Ontario College of Health & Technology is a private college in Stoney Creek, ON, just east of Hamilton on the south shore of western Lake Ontario. We offer career training certification / diploma programs in Primary Care Paramedic and Massage Therapy. Ontario College of Health & Technology is registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We are also registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Our mission is to provide a learning experience for students based on trust, respect, optimism and intentionality, the assumptions of invitational education. The college strives to learn what it is that students really want and need, to deliver it consistently and then, make it even better. The focus is to provide quality private education in an exceptional school environment.
Valemount College is a private institution accredited by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education.
We offer full-time certificate programs, with top-quality instructors and program content. Program lengths range from 16 weeks to 8 months. Students are welcomed with unique, flexible, and interactive programs taught by highly qualified instructors.
We are a friendly alternative to the impersonal world of large, urban post-secondary education institutions. Our focus is on providing our students with high quality programs, personalized customer service and with facilitating an unforgettable, memorable post-secondary experience.
You will be able to meet all of your educational goals while attending our quality programs and receiving superior customer service. Your learning needs are our priority, and we are here to answer all of your questions.
Our small student to teacher ratio creates the perfect learning environment.
We offer certificate programs in the Tourism, Business, and First Nations fields:
Mountain Adventure Tourism
Rural Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
First Nations Cultural Tourism
With over 50 courses included in our programs, graduation leads to qualifications accepted and recognised by employers. We also have a Work Experience component with local employers, potentially leading to employment after graduation.
Situated in Downtown Richmond BC, just south of Vancouver, Universal Learning Institute (ULI) was founded in 1996 with the mission of providing individualized learning opportunities for people seeking employment or wanting to upgrade their work skills.
ULI offers a full range of career programs, from one day training to two years programs. Most courses can be started every month.
All courses are conducted in a small class environment with frequent interactions between students and instructors.
• Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies is a Ministry-approved career college that specializes in the online training and professional development of Authorized Court Transcriptionists (ACT), and Digital Legal Monitors.
• We provide a 14-week online Court Transcription certification program as well as a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for home-study students living in Canada.
• We offer our students the rare opportunity to achieve a qualification that allows you to work in the middle of the action of the legal profession without a law degree!
Court Transcription course:
• All classes are delivered by a professional transcriptionist who has worked for several years as an educator, a court reporter for the Ontario courts, and an ACT.
• We provide students with a comprehensive education in court transcript production, and ensure that they are fully equipped to produce accurate, reliable transcripts of legal proceedings.
• Graduates meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and are eligible to register and become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist (ACT).
Digital Legal Monitor course: • A digital monitor is also responsible for all of the duties of a court reporter, including marking exhibits, swearing in witnesses, and providing playbacks.
• Students will have access to the course for 4 months. Students can sit the final exam at any time.
Conveniently situated close to the intersection of King St. & Yonge St. in central Toronto, Evergreen College provides a wide range of diploma programs that prepare you for successful careers in fields including Business Administration, Pharmacy Assistant, Early Childcare Assistant, and Computer System & Network Specialist. Registered as a private career college, our Toronto campus is located only 1 minute from King Subway Station. Evergreen College also has campuses in Brampton, Mississauga and Scarborough, Ontario.
At Evergreen College, our small class sizes create a higher-quality learning environment and superior training. Our diplomas are “market-oriented”, meaning they have been designed to meet the real needs of the job market. Our Career Services offer Co-op / Field Placements to our students, giving them real-world experience which leads to successful integration in their field.
Our well-prepared instructors are experienced specialists in their field; holding advanced degrees and the working knowledge to assist their students. Our facilities (classes and labs) are equipped with the most modern equipment including new computers, servers and network devices with the latest software releases in each program of study. Our mission is to guide each student to success by imparting the relevant theoretical and practical knowledge they need, while building confidence in an ongoing support structure geared to meet the needs of the job market.
Career Diploma Programs:
- Business Administration in International Trading
- Computerized Accounting and Payroll
- Medical Office Administration
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Community Service Worker
- Personal Support Worker
- Early Childcare Assistant
- Computer System & Network Specialist