English Language Company, Sydney:
English Language Company (ELC) is an accredited English school in the heart of Sydney, Australia. Students at ELC learn English quickly and effectively following the most innovative and highest quality programs available today. ELC programs focus on real English for the real world and are developed for students' specific study, work and travel objectives.
ELC is registered with the Australian Government and is accredited by English Australia (EA), and by NEAS Australia, an internationally respected accreditation service for quality English language programs.
Our students consistently rate ELC teachers as excellent in their end of course questionnaires. All ELC teachers are highly-qualified and experienced holding university degrees and the University of Cambridge CELTA or DELTA teaching qualifications.
Great Location in Central Sydney: Sydney is the largest and most cosmopolitan city in Australia, and is also amazingly beautiful, very safe and clean. It has great nightlife and shopping and a vibrant city centre but you can also go surfing, scuba-diving, bushwalking or just relax on the beach – all within the Sydney metropolitan area. The standard of living in Sydney and Australia is high but the cost of living is low compared to many other countries, especially the USA and the UK.
Our modern school is right in the centre of Sydney, on Kent Street, close to Darling Harbour and Sydney’s major transport, tourist, shopping and entertainment districts.
Our school is light and spacious with comfortable, well-equipped classrooms and superb facilities with wireless internet access. We also offer a job placement company for working holiday makers, and a student and backpackers’ travel agency.
ELC English courses are lively and interesting with an emphasis on communication skills. We use the latest English language coursebooks and teaching techniques. You will take part in classroom conversations, role-play real-life situations and practise all of your skills while completing tasks and projects with other students.
- General English - Full-time Intensive and Part-time Semi-Intensive General English classes at 6 levels: Elementary, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-intermediate, Pre-advanced, Advanced. You will make fast progress in Everyday English, Fluency, Pronunciation, Vocabulary & grammar, Listening, reading & writing skills.
- Cambridge Exam Preparation for students who want to get an internationally recognized certificate in English from Cambridge University. You may take First Certificate in English (FCE) and/or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
- English for Academic Purposes for students who intend to do further study in English, for example at university or business college in Australia.
You will study…
• Academic vocabulary
• Academic writing skills
• Academic listening and reading skills
• Oral presentation and tutorial skills
• Academic research skills
• Study skills
Special Focus Modules:
- IELTS Exam Preparation - an internationally recognized English examination for people who intend to study or work where English is the language of communication.
- International Business English - for students who work or would like to work in a company where a good level of spoken and written English is necessary.
- English for Hospitality & Tourism - Learn English for work in a hotel, restaurant, travel agency or as a tour guide.
- Speaking, Listening & Vocabulary - This popular intensive conversation class will help you to speak more fluently and use a wider range of vocabulary on everyday topics of interest.
- Grammar Course - Improve your accuracy in spoken and written English. Learn how to use a wider range of language and express yourself in more complex ways.
- Writing - Learn how to write effective letters, emails, reports and essays.
- Research & Presentation Skills - for students who need intensive preparation for the research and presentation skills they’ll need in their future studies.
- Survival English - especially for Elementary and Pre-intermediate students and focuses on the English you need for daily life in Australia.
- Teaching English to Children - Learn basic teaching techniques and useful classroom language for teaching English to children.
- English Extras: Optional classes such as Australian Studies, Fluency Fast-Track, Pronunciation, Work Oz, Independent Study, Excursions, Art, Film Club, Songs, Salsa Dancing, Social Soccer.
All ELC students have monthly tutorials with their class teacher to discuss their progress and areas of need. You will take regular tests to revise and assess what you have learnt. When you finish your course you will receive an ELC certificate which gives full details of your current level of English. You can also speak to our academic counsellor if you need advice on your studies.
Work Experience / Internships:
English Language Company is famous for its work programs for working holiday makers, student visa holders and interns. Whether you want to work and travel around Australia, find part-time work to help support yourself while studying or improve your future career opportunities by doing a professional internship we have a program to suit you.
Internships are available in Architecture, Banking, Engineering, Graphic design, Tourism, Information technology, Marketing, Media, and many more areas of employment.
Cambridge Work Experience Certificate:
Our interns have the option to gain an internationally recognized University of Cambridge Certificate. This provides you with recognition of your work experience and proves that your language and professional skills are proficient enough to complete an internship in the international market. It is very attractive to future employers.
Student Work Assistance Program:
Our SWAP members benefit from job search support when they arrive at ELC, making it easier for them to find casual paid work in Sydney. This is a service for students on Student Visas who are able to work for up to 20 hours per week while they study full time.
- Homestay - Stay on one of our friendly homestays and you will experience the typical life of an Australian family.
- Hostel and Student residence also available.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 495 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW , Australia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.