Spanish World Institute, Bogota & Cartagena:
Spanish World Institute is one of the most successful Spanish language schools in Colombia. With dedicated campus locations in Bogota (the capital of Colombia) and Cartagena (on the north-east Carribean Coast), we offer Spanish language courses to students from around the world. Courses include General English, Business English, DELE exam preparation and private Spanish lessons.
• Our teachers are selected on the basis of their qualifications, experience and personal qualities. We aim to employ university graduates with highly-developed communication skills who will take an active interest in their students’ progress.
• They ensure that course work is relevant to our students' interests and objectives, utilizing a wide range of techniques and materials to vary the pace and variety of the Spanish classes.
• SWI aims to provide outstanding quality Spanish language instruction and a deeper understanding of the Colombian culture, through cross-cultural education, personalized attention and dynamic teaching methods in a professional and friendly environment. Therefore we place the highest emphasis on the quality of teaching staff and the creation of an effective learning environment.
• To provide high quality programmes to people interested in learning Spanish as a second language.
• To facilitate an understanding among people of diverse cultural backgrounds and reveal the richness of South American culture, mainly Colombian.
• To contribute to the Colombian community and maintain a strong “social conscience” by providing students with the opportunity to take up voluntary jobs in several areas.
• To support continuous professional development of our teaching and administrative staff.
• General Spanish Course (20 or 30 lessons per week)
• DELE. Exam Preparation
• Business Spanish Course
• Private Spanish Lessons
• General Spanish Classes + Colombia Cultura
• General Spanish Classes + Salsa Lessons
• General Spanish Classes + Excursions
SWI Spanish programs are carefully structured, classes will include the functions of grammar, reading, oral comprehension, written and oral expression (communication) exercises, as well as cultural activities.
Some classes will discuss various aspects of Colombian and Latin American culture and society, students will be learning the language in the context of our culture. At other times SWI will organize classes around themes or subjects that students personally find interesting.
On completion of the course at with at least a 90% attendance record, students will receive a certificate from Spanish World Institute. This will outline the number of hours studied and standard attained.
• "I enjoyed my time at the Spanish World Institute. The teachers were welcoming and the school is very nice and organized. My class size was 2 to 3 pèople, so very small. They are very flexible as well to acommadate your needs. The location is easy to reach by bus from other areas of the city."
• "Highly recommend this school and think it is the best in Bogota!! The school is located in an old house in Chapinero Alto, close to a number of great neighborhoods. Classes are 1-4 people generally, thus the content is highly customized and tailored to each student's level. I started, knowing no Spanish, and in 5 weeks of the intensive program have learned almost every verbal tense and grammatical rule."
• "I rate Spanish World Institute with five stars. It teaches you from the basices to advance level spanish, acording to your requierment. It is very flexible with your requierments and your timetable. I would recomend Spanish World Institute to everyone.
• "I completed a 1 week course (20 hrs) at the Spanish Institute. Starting as a novice with little Spanish, I found the course very helpful in learning the basics of Spanish."
• "I really enjoyed my experience at the SWI. I found it very easy to make friends and the teachers showed me respect and- as I was placed into a class of students on my level- taught me at a steady pace that I could handle. The bi- weekly excursions also provided me with a chance to get to know the grand city of Bogota. I will be sad to go."
• "Ich war zwei Wochen hier und habe wahrend der Zeit viel gelernt. Die Schule kuemmert sich um alles und die Stimmung unter den "Mitschuelern" war auch super. Kann laso nur viel Spass wuenschen!"
• "I studied at the school for a month this summer and found that the price was much more affordable than other programs in the area. My experience was that the school had a strong focus on grammar, and I learned all the grammar rules I needed in order to start reading academic journals and books in Spanish without any help from anyone else. I very much enjoyed the program and would recommend it."
• "I stayed in SWI for 4 weeks, during which I took classes in Spanish and Salsa. I am very pleased with both. The standard of the teaching is mostly very high and my Spanish improved explosively during this period."
Spanish World Institute in Bogota is located in Chapinero Alto, a beautiful residential part of Bogotá and is very near to tourist, cultural and business areas.
The school is close to homestay accommodation, recreation facilities and numerous shops and restaurants, parks and shopping centers. It is also easily accessible by buses from any part of the city.
Spanish World Institute Cartagena is situated in the Bocagrande area of the city - just 2 minutes away from the beach, and 15 minutes walk from the historic center. This area contains the bulk of the city's tourist facilities, such as hotels, shops, restaurants, nightclubs and art galleries.
- Homestay Accommodation with a Colombian Host Family:
SWI carefully selects our local host families and ensure that they all meet high quality standards established by national accreditation bodies.
Living with Colombian host families gives students the opportunity to practice the Spanish language in a real context but will also give them the chance to experience Colombian culture and hospitality first-hand.
Students wil be provided with two meals per day (breakfast and dinner). However, different homestay meal arrangements are available. Some students choose Breakfast Only or Self-Catering, which means students must purchase and prepare their meals.
- Independent Accommodation:
As an alternative to staying with a host family, we offer residential accommodation in private flats or hostels. Students live alone or with other students. This type of self-catering accommodation involves sharing a house and amenities without the landlord living on the premises. Some of the rooms are single but there is the possibility to share a room with a number of other independent students.
The accommodation service is an essential component of our students stay with us. Before arriving in Bogotá, each student receives a short description of the type of accommodation.
If it is a host family it includes details of the various interests of the family members and information about the house and its location. We suggest that students complete all the accommodation arrangements several weeks before arriving.
- Airport Transfers:
SWI has its own transfer service for students arriving at Bogota “El Dorado” airport. Students are welcomed by one of the school's drivers. We transport the students directly to their accommodation.
- Courses / Programs
- Our Home Page
|Address: Carrera 4 A No 56 - 56 Casa Esquina, Bogota, Colombia|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.