Notre Dame International High School, Paris:
Located in Verneuil sur Seine, just 38km north-west of Central Paris, Notre Dame International High School is a private American High School offering day and boarding (5 and 7 day) programs in Grades 9-12 to students from around the world. NDIHS provides an exciting opportunity to learn the French language and culture while attending an American curriculum (taught in English) that leads to an American high school diploma. NDIHS follows the Nacel Interntional School System (NISS). Notre Dame International High School is also a candidate school to teach the IB Diploma programme in Grade 11 and 12 from September 2018.
American Boarding & Day High School for Grades 9-12:
• We provide an American-styled high school education in English, leading to an American High School Diploma.
• Our curriculum provides students with quality, college preparatory academics and enrichment through the arts and physical education.
• We also offer an extensive French language and culture program as well as enrichment courses (Music, Art, Physical Education) taught by French teachers.
• Our classes are taught from a culturally relativistic perspective and take advantage of the wealth of diversity within our student body. The primary educational goal of NISS Schools is to prepare students for professional success in the global community.
• We believe that students must be culturally literate and competent problem-solvers.
• Our High School curriculum emphasizes the development of critical thinking skills and intercultural learning within a college preparatory academic framework. We also recognize the benefits of non-formal learning that students gain from their daily interactions.
American High School Graduation:
• NISS Schools' graduation requirements correspond with the NCA guidelines for college preparatory schools and meet or exceed the Minnesota state graduation standards.
• Students must submit complete, translated academic transcripts for each year of high school in order to be considered as a candidate for High School graduation.
48 semester credits* are required for High School graduation:
- 9 Elective credits
- 8 Language Arts credits
- 7 Social Studies credits
- 6 Foreign Language credits (4 in the same language)
- 6 Science credits
- 6 Mathematics credits
- 2 Fine /Performing Arts credits
- 2 Physical Education credits
- 1 Technology credit
- 1 Health credit
* 1 credit is earned for each semester course.
Requirements for International Students:
• International students who have fulfilled the following requirements are eligible to receive a high school diploma from NISS and get High School graduation:
- Proven proficiency in English (80% or higher on the SLEP test);
- Attendance at a NISS school for a minimum of two semesters.
- Completion of an equivalent of four years of high school;
- Completion of the above academic credits;
|Address: Verneuil Sur Seine, Yvelines, Paris, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.