Acorn International Summer School, Bristol:
Summer camps for both international and British students in 2016! Acorn International is a unique, accredited family-run summer boarding school in the south west of England that provides exclusive programmes for children ages 5-15.
- Acorn International Summer School was founded to provide high-quality courses for 5-15 year olds that would create memories and experiences of a lifetime.
- In 2016, AISS offers a wonderful location in the beautiful village of Tockington, in South Gloucestershire, 10 miles north of Bristol in the south-west of England.
- All of our Directors are highly experienced in working at summer schools across the UK, and understand that summer students require quality, specially-tailored courses to met their needs - from curriculum, accomodation, food, trips and excursions.
- Acorn International is owned and run by a real family. As a family, we aim to provide a unique ‘home from home’ feel to our course to ensure that every one of our students feels welcome from the moment they arrive – something which is very important due to the young age of our students, and the fact that many are travelling overseas for the very first time.
- We teach academic English as well as the full range of primary subjects including science, history, geography, mathematics, art, ICT and sport and adopt the highly regarded ‘Content and Language Integrated Learning’ (CLIL) approach to teaching English. This cross-curricular approach is proving increasingly popular and has shown excellent results, allowing the young learners to develop their practical and academic English very quickly whilst building solid foundations for the future.
- We can tailor our courses to meet each child’s needs. We can offer specialist academic support such as SATs revision and entrance exam revision courses, as well as targeted intervention where required.
- Unlike other schools, we always use highly-qualified primary school teachers with significant expertise in teaching English as a second language.
Our summer courses are held in July and August and students can attend for 2 or 4 weeks:
- Academic English for international Juniors (ages 5-11) and Seniors (ages 11-15) combined with specialist sports tuition, fun activities and weekend excursions
- Academic tuition for British children in subjects from the British Primary Curriculum combined with specialist sports tuition, fun activities & weekend excursions
International children mix with native British children to enable the best opportunities to use and improve their English, in particular their vocabulary and accent.
Discounts are available for siblings, group bookings and early bookings – please email us via our Contact Form today for details!
- 20 hours of academic English and cross-curricular primary subjects per week
- 5 hours of specialists sports lessons
- Educational excursions during the week
- Social excursions during the weekends
- Transfers available from London Heathrow or Bristol
- Accomodation and laundry
- 24 hour supervision and care of students by experienced and qualified staff
- Three meals per day, plus snacks
- Certificate of Attendance signed by the Principal
- Individual academic and pastoral reports, written by students’ teachers
- Course photograph
- Summer school rucksack
- Use of text books, dictionaries and stationary during their stay
- Personalised workbook that will serve as a visual reminder of lessons and topics studies and that will show parents the work that their child has completed
Our summer school in Tockington is situated just 2 hours by train from London, 90 minutes from Oxford, and one hour from Cardiff in Wales. With over 1 million inhabitants, Bristol is the 8th most populous city in the UK, and is the largest center of culture, education and employment in the region.
Bristol is served by Bristol Airport, which flies to over 100 destinations worldwide, while Cardiff Airport has over 50 direct flight destinations globally. This makes Acorn International Summer School in Bristol very accessible for international students.
Acorn International is accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC). For over 25 years, the British Accreditation Council has provided a comprehensive quality assurance scheme for independent further and higher education in the UK. BAC accreditation is recognised the world over by parents, students, agents and government officials as the clearest mark of educational quality in the private sector.
BAC is committed to encouraging the highest standards of education offered by independent colleges and providing prospective students with an invaluable guide to quality.
For students from outside the European Union coming to the UK for a short course, choosing a BAC-accredited college for their studies will ensure that the institution is considered to be bona fide by immigration officials. Indeed, current government regulations make it impossible for non-EU students to obtain visas unless an institution is accredited.
"Dan had an amazing time during stay at Acorn International week, he has learned lots and grown in confidence, the classes were varied and the social prgramme was fantastic. He particularly enjoyed meeting children from all around the world. Thank you everybody for making his stay so enjoyable. He can't wait to come back!"
- Parent of Dan age 9, UK
"I very much enjoy the summer camp at Acorn, the lessons are so interesting because of all the different ones (math, science, art, cooking and more). I like most the trips also because they are so many different things to do. I like very much the theme park and the beach. I have been to Acorn two years now and I love it."
- Raul age 11, Spain
"Acorn International is so good! The teachers are so nice and make you to learn so much in the time that you stayed there. I love the classes and the sport was so good. The most beautiful place I have seen is where the summer school is. We went to London and saw all of the amazing places too! I want to come back in 2014 so I hope my parents let me!"
- Vladamir age 10, Russia
"The children had a fantastic stay at Acorn International Summer School. Thank you for looking after them and us so well. We all enjoyed the trips very much, the children said the lessons were fun and interesting but they all seemed so much more confident after we leave. We have already booked a group for 2014. See you again!"
- Rebekah, Chinese Group Leader
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Tockington, Bristol, England , UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.