John Cabot University, Rome:
John Cabot University (JCU) is an American institution of higher education in Rome, Italy offering summer study abroad programs to college students from the US and over 60 other countries worldwide. Our mission is to provide an educational experience that is both firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation. JCU’s summer study abroad program is the premier and most affordable study abroad experience in Rome. Offering small, intellectually rich classes in fields and study trips, JCU will not only expose you to the art and architecture of Rome, we will also help immerse you in our culture. There are two summer sessions available, please contact us for information on the exact dates.
• Students can choose from a fascinating range of three-credit courses that allow you to grow intellectually under the guidance of first-rate international professors who bring the sites, sounds, and culture of Rome into their teaching.
• In addition to courses in Art History and Studio Art, JCU also offers courses in Business Administration, History & Humanities, English Language & Literature, Political & Social Science, and more.
• Credits from JCU easily transfer, allowing you to stay on track for graduation. Study abroad in Rome - the Eternal City - and get an education that will not only last a lifetime, but will also change your life.
Summer Courses / Programs are available in the fields of:
• Art History & Studio Art
• Business Administration
• English Language & Literature
• History & Humanities
• Mathematics, Natural Science & Computer Science
• Modern Languages & Literature
• Political & Social Sciences...
JCU complements its course offerings with three unique Summer Institutes open to all interested students. This year we’re offering:
• APSI Art History
• APSI European History
• APSI World History
• JCU’s academic programs are designed to use to the fullest extent the special resources of a multicultural faculty, an international student body and the extraordinarily rich culture and history of Rome and the surrounding region.
• John Cabot University has been educating study abroad and degree-students for nearly 40 years; we are the only regionally accredited American liberal arts university in Italy.
• On-site classes at historic locations in Rome. Study trips and extra-curricular activities throughout Italy.
• Career counseling to help you leverage your study abroad experience professionally.
• A charming, historic campus in the center of Rome and a more modern campus nearby on the Tiber River—both offer full wi-fi coverage.
• Scholarships and work study jobs are available for qualified study abroad students.
JCU classes are held Monday through Thursday so there are plenty of long weekends available to explore or just relax in a Roman piazza.
Rome is within easy train or plane distance to some of the most magnificent and historic cities in Europe including London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Vienna, Budapest, and Athens. Even Cairo, Istanbul, Dubai and Jerusalem are within reach.
• John Cabot University is located along the banks of the Tiber River in the vibrant Trastevere quarter on the grounds of the prestigious Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, where Galileo worked.
• A 15-minute walk takes you to the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, and Castel Sant'Angelo, the hiding place of the popes during the Guelf-Ghibelline wars of the Middle Ages.
• In another direction you’ll find the Pantheon, built as a Roman temple in 25 BC, and the beautiful Piazza Navona. And yet in another direction you’ll be walking through the Roman Forum to the Colesseum.
• The neighborhood surrounding JCU is characterized by small cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes – the perfect place to study and meet with friends as you enjoy the historic center of Rome.
• Rome comes alive in the summer with people from all over the world converging on the city to enjoy the warm summer nights and vibrant Estate Romana (Roman Summer) with hundreds of outdoor concerts, art exhibits, and performances held throughout the city.
• "I didn't come here with many predetermined thoughts, but I have fallen in love with Rome and Italian culture. When I go back to St. Mary's I'm going to tell everyone that they must come here and experience Rome like I have."
• "If you want to follow a different path, John Cabot is the right place for you.”
• “ While studying abroad in Rome I heard that I could get my degree at John Cabot. So I immediately transferred and it was honestly one of the best decisions of my life.”
• “It’s an experience that is unparalleled by any other, and Rome is definitely a city that will teach you a lot about the world as well as about yourself. ”
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 233 Via della Lungara, Rome, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.